1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any of those big bugs out yet?

Discussion in 'General' started by Paige, May 13, 2004.

1. SV81

SV81 Steeler Hater

up to 1 million per acre. Lemme tell ya, they were loud as shit 17 years ago. And they will splat on winshields and motorcycle helmets.

2. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

HOLY SHITE! :wow:

This thread just reminded me I need to order some extra tear-offs for the Cycle Jam! :eek:

3. SV81

SV81 Steeler Hater

you mean tear offs for the helmet:beer: :D

4. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

Look out Cincy, they're here!

Just went out to get the dog and there were about 10 of them on the garage wall coming out of their shells! No noise yet, but it maybe the last night we'll have the windows open!

5. Roach

Roach Yamaha Catapult Tester

What's funnier is their "Natural defense".

They are slow.
    They are not camoflaged.
    They have to sit in the sun for hours after molting and dry their wings before flying.
    They are not agile flyers once they do.

Their defense? Sheer numbers and "Preditor Satiation". Basically, everything just gets tired of eating them, and goes off to find something else. The survivors carry on the species.

- Roach

6. WERA29

Yes. :up:

7. WERA29

No, what's even funnier is that we started talking about noisy useless bugs and you show up ROACH! :Poke: :D

8. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Speaking of that who carries them for Suomy?If you're ordering, get me a couple packs.

9. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

All I know is I don't need to buy crickets to feed our pet frogs/toads/turtles here in the next month.... :D ;)

MORE BEER MONEY!!!! :beer:

10. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

:(

11. Go Karter

Go Karter Well-Known Member

My front yard looks like a mine field, but I have not seen even one cicada yet.

12. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Oh lord have mercy!!!!

13. WERA29

Give that asshat at Blue Ridge Performance a call. He can probably get you some. :Poke: :D

14. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I though you knew someone that had them. I'm leaving wednesday, don't know if I would get them by them! Jackass:p

15. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

The REAL truth about Cicadas...

CLICKCLICKCLICK

DISCLAIMER: this might be a link from the WERA board...but I can't find where I got it. Sorry if it's a WTLW candidate.

16. Go Karter

Go Karter Well-Known Member

17. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

It's is.Cincy Kid posted it last night:Poke:

18. ROACH_da_1st

ROACH_da_1st Well-Known Member

And your point is????????? :mad:

( just funnin with ya - :D - with a name like ours ya gotta have a sense of humor)

RD1