1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Jeep Techs In The House????

Discussion in 'General' started by groundhogday, Sep 23, 2015.

1. groundhogday

groundhogday Well-Known Member

My wife's 2007 Liberty (3.7 V6) has been losing coolant. I finally found the leak. I'd made an appointment to have it looked at tomorrow and called the shop to let them know what part they'd need to replace thinking it was a transmission cooler, but the shop owner told me that it has both a trans cooler and an engine oil cooler, but he couldn't remember where each was located. The part in question is front/center/bottom in relation to the radiator. I had to get on the ground to see the leak. Actually looking through the gap in the bumper cover. We really need to get it taken care of tomorrow if possible and it would be nice to have a part name for him to order. An hour of internet searches has been fruitless. Any help?

2. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Tell him to order both. We over order shit all the time to ensure we are ready to get the job done. Pushing cars out of stalls sucks ass.

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

I thought this was a thread on the Pope Mobile

[​IMG]

4. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

You could probably find pics somewhere on this forum. I know the Patriot and Wrangler but not the Liberty.

http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/

5. bruceiam

bruceiam Well-Known Member

If its leaking coolant its coming from the radiator. The auto trans has a liquid to liquid cooler built into the radiator side tank. Some have an additional liquid to air trans cooler in front of the radiator but no coolant is involved. If it has an engine oil cooler it would typically be liquid to liquid so it would be part of the radiator or sandwiched between the engine block and oil filter.

6. 1coopgt

1coopgt Well-Known Member

I seem to remember reading about Liberties leaking at the Upper hose inlet on the Radiator tank . It's made out of plastic . I had an 05 thankfully it never started leaking . It was a good SUV until I totaled it .

7. bruceiam

bruceiam Well-Known Member

It does look like that Jeep has an external liquid to air power steering cooler in front of the radiator, again no coolant involved.

8. groundhogday

groundhogday Well-Known Member

I had another look at it, there is definitely leakage from the radiator. There are only two external coolers that I can see. One is for power steering, I'm pretty sure the other is for the transmission. The trans cooler is where I thought the leak was at. There was antifreeze coming from one specific spot, and I could see bubbling. Maybe antifreeze is being sprayed from the radiator with enough pressure to make it look like there was a leak at that spot? Thanks for the help. :beer: