1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Experience with EDR Performance?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by RoidRageFool, Sep 5, 2021.

1. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Like with the exact parts used in the build?:dead:

RoidRageFool likes this.
  2. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Definitely, with specific rods and such.

RoidRageFool likes this.
  3. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

You guys know it!:D

SuddenBraking likes this.
  4. 418

418 Expert #59

Let me revamp my stance. They're fucking crooks.

EDR sold me a R1 radiator on Ebay and when it didn't even kinda come close to fitting they proceeded to tell me it was a "race" item and needed modifying to fit the bike, when it was specifically listed as a R1 radiator. They ended up talking to me like I was born yesterday and told me I should feel lucky that I got a $2000 radiator for $700.

Thankfully Ebay sided with me and I got my money back and shipped the poorly packaged generic radiator off back to those ass clowns.

So in other words. Fuck EDR.

I would hate to think how they would treat a situation where a motor blew up and some real money was involved.

p.s. There was a clear return policy on the item but they decided that the return policy was at "their discretion" when I filed for a refund and hence they denied the claim. That's why I had to get Ebay involved.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
  5. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

This thread is pretty interesting.
    Based on their social media presence I would think they are a great shop, good to know I should stay away.

6. Ducti89

Yikes!

7. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

They recently posted a picture from a dyno comparison showing their velocity stacks for ninja 400 made a huge amount of power over stock, but when you look at the graph it was sketchy as fuck. Things that a rookie would do, and the power that the stock bike made was only 41 hp and everyone that knows anything about ninja 400s knows that a bone stock one puts out 43-45 hp depending on the dyno, then high 40s with velocity stacks. Theirs went from like 41 (suspiciously low) to like 50-51. And on top of that you have to cut and glue the damn things on somehow. They're the worst to install. A friend of mine bought them and they fell out in his first day at the track, bouncing inside the airbox lol

8. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Eric's a lot of things but he's not a crook and he's not a snake-oil salesman. His stuff might not be worth the price to some people; that's a matter of value and opinion and a lot of the time I'd probably agree. But he knows what he's doing and he works really hard to do a good job for his customers. (And I'm not just saying that cuz I know the guy; there are plenty of big-name shops and people that I know personally and think are shady af.)

I dunno what happened with your radiator thing @418. Eric is definitely the kind of guy to not often react well to what he perceives as a chip on someone's shoulder, so (NOT saying this is your fault) if you were ticked when you called or whatnot then I can see the interaction going the way you described. But doesn't mean they knowingly misrepresented a radiator, either.

Use him or don't, I don't really care. I ride for his competitor. But, it's a good shop and he's an earnest guy.

9. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

so they are variable!!! :) Bouncing around in the airbox creates a vortex effect!!! :)

sbk1198 likes this.
  10. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Deja vu all over again @Ducti89 :D

11. 418

418 Expert #59

They misrepresented the radiator and he claimed they didn't misrepresent the radiator because it was a "superbike" radiator. I would have literately have had to have a shop fab new outlet flanges to fit the my bike, this was for a radiator that was advertised specifically for my year/model bike. Couple months later I bought a "superbike" radiator and it bolted on my bike directly with no issues. Weird shit huh?

I know you have no dog in this fight here and I probably should have not quoted your post but it irked me when you said they are "professionals". My dealing with them was anything but. The general vibe I got from them is "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Anyways, onwards and upwards and all that. Best of luck to whoever deals with them.

tophyr likes this.
  12. Ducti89

Yep! Lots of similarities in 418’s experience.

418 and SuddenBraking like this.
  13. RoidRageFool

RoidRageFool @FundedByWifeRacing

Will Do

I know where this is going

This took off a bit more then I had figured it would, but appreciate everyone's input. I am not looking for a pull the trigger and win bike, nor do I feel there is such a thing. I am just looking for a strong motor that is reliable. Obviously, things will happen and motors will blow, I just don't want a repeat from the beginning of the season. My overall plan is to have mine rebuilt for a moderate SS build, and source another motor / or bike to have rebuilt once the first is done. I have reached out to EDR, and received and initial response, but did not get a reply to a second email. This is the reason I made this post in the first place.

I have reached out to a few other builders since. Along with the engine, I have a few other small requests to have completed, so it comes down to who can and is willing to do it, along with the timeframe. I saw some posts about making sure they can do the tune also. I have already planned for this and want to send the complete bike to whoever will take it. Although I live in PA, I am not against shipping or driving the bike to a reputable builder. Closer would be better in the event something happens. It is just really finding who to use, and saying okay.

14. Ducti89

Then talk to this guy.. @triplestrong

Hes in Bath PA

Mike did an excellent job with my BMW and gets my motor stuff when required and I live near Rehobath beach. Hes got tons of motor experience. Hes no bullshit, either.

SuddenBraking and RRP like this.
  15. eel

eel Well-Known Member

EDR offers that superfinishing service, but is there anyone on the east coast that offers same?

16. Blue Junk

Blue Junk Well-Known Member

There’s places all over that offer it. I’m not sure if EDR does it in house or they sub it out but, there’s probably 100+ places on the east coast that offer it.
    We offer it and complete it in house in our shop.

17. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

99.9% sure EDR would just sub that out. I think they have basic machining capabilities in-house but would be very surprised if they had any fancy coating/finishing equipment.