1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any dirt riders in here?

Discussion in 'General' started by holeman99, Oct 23, 2009.

1. holeman99

holeman99 Well-Known Member

hey I just rode lakesidemx in south carolina yesterday, it was great. Perfect for all of us roadracers that ride dirt to. There was only three other bikes on the track all day and the whole track was perfectly groomed. The jumps are not to big or peaky. Also there are a couple of good sweepers. I had a freakin blast. check it out lakesidemx.net

2. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

I always get hurt riding in the dirt, makes roadracing seem safe.

3. holeman99

which makes you faster, cause it seems safe.

4. PMooney Jr.

I like riding motards now, until Cobb shows up atleast. Then I don't like motards anymore. Dirt riding is a blast though as long as it's flat:), dirt tracking at the local clay ovals should be bottled up and sold. I don't think anything puts a grin on my face like that!

5. PMooney Jr.

Nah, I ride pretty good in the dirt and my dad can't ride a lick, he's still hard to keep up with:) Fast old f*cker.

6. racrx451

racrx451 Well-Known Member

grew up racing mx... then found roadracing and was hooked but I couldn't leave my roots so I bought Teddy maier's '05 richmond racing kx250f supercross bike this year. It has 10k worth of Pro Circuit suspension on it... WHOA! You never really realize how out of shape you are until you try to race an MX track. :up:

7. holeman99

with all the crap going on with the economy and dmg. It feals great just to go ride for the fun of it. You know the whole reason everyone gets started in this sport any way. $15 entry fee and 5 bucks in gas, you can't beat that.

8. cannonballcobb

cannonballcobb Registered Offender

Anything that involves dirt better have 4 wheels, for me anyhow, I'm a wuss on off-road stuff.

'Afternoon Pat. :beer:

9. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

I trail ride and do an occasional off-road race. Tons of fun. Sure you can get hurt but you can get hurt road racing.

But right now I'm down...I need to replace a radiator on my bike cause I destoried it. :)

10. PMooney Jr.

Exactly, go to some local mx races or outlaw dirttrack and it's "$15 please, you guys and girls have fun!" Then again, your on a whole different level now Geoff. This aint Carolina Motorsports Park with CCS anymore is it? That was so much fun racing there. How you doing anyway?, it's been a while.

Hey Ted :beer: I'm getting pretty timid in the dirt now also :D Getting hurt is a drag.

11. WERA 904

WERA 904 Well-Known Member

Riding a 450 mxer is the best way to get faster on a liter bike. You kinda get used to riding ot of control! I have to chuckle when I'm in line paying my 20 bucks to ride all day and I hear guys complaining how damn expensive its getting to ride

12. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Its funny. With the dirt bike (ktm 400exc) yeah I'm sorta of in a continual crash. Love it. I get on my SV and it never moves around...no idea if its alive or not. :crackup:

13. holeman99

I'm doing great, I'm in the best shape of mylife, faster than ever and I get paid to race bikes. I just hate to see the motorcycle industry and racing community struggling. Especially all the people that helped me along the way. I don't know what the answer to it is but I think I figured alittle something out yesterday, that I had forgotten. It doesn't matter how pissed of you are, all it takes is a 10 minutes on a motorcyle and the world is good again.

14. PMooney Jr.

If the world rode xr100's around in circles it would be a better place. Well, at least I'd be happy.

15. random hero

random hero Banned

Exactly!! I always leave sore, and with a smile on my face after paying $15 to ride all day:up:

16. Echoracing24

Echoracing24 Well-Known Member

We have alot of local mx tracks here in Al. I'll be at Monster Mountain this weekend. The Talladega speedway of mx. People come from all over the US and Canada to ride there. I think this link works www.monstermx.com check it out They are building areal supercross track this weekend. Oh yeah I ride Yamaha 450f wish I had the 2010 it is swweeet

17. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

a harescramble will whip you into shape also

18. jLUND

jLUND Well-Known Member

So very true! That's all I do, who cares about chasing points.

19. leviathan

leviathan Well-Known Member

Geoff! What's up buddy. Funny you say this b/c I did a couple (my first ever) SX races up here in New England after Jersey. Had so much fun just ripping some unstressful MX laps compared to RR'ing and all the hoopla going on.

Glad to hear things are going 'okay'. That SC track sounds mint! I've half a mind to pack my CRF250 up this winter and head south to find some unfrozen riding.

Hi to Jodi.

-Alex D.

20. naya the dingo

naya the dingo Well-Known Member

Braaaaaap!

Unfortunately I've only ridden the 450 three or four times in the last year.