1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Architects in the house?

Discussion in 'General' started by guy2600, Mar 27, 2023.

1. guy2600

guy2600 Active Member

I'm planning on renovating my house (siding, windows, landscape, etc). I would like to render my house using different colors, siding materials, etc. Is there a decent tool to use for this purpose that's free or lower cost? What should I consider? Thanks in advance!

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Check with some of your local paint vendors. I think some of them have tools in store that will allow you to doctor a photo.

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Sherwin Williams has an app.

Once a Wanker.. and YamahaRick like this.
  5. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

6. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I'm only licensed in NC. If you are in any other state, ignore my advice.

8. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

Thought you lived in S.C. Guess it doesn't matter now that you're retired.:beer:

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I do live in SC, but was in NC when I took the test. I've been working my way north on state at a time. Back to NC is next. I worked to hard to get the license. I will not let it lapse.

10. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

Know anything about Savannah Lakes in Mccormick?

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I know where it is and have a Great Aunt that lives near there. What would you like to know?

12. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

Looking to get out of NYS,gonna stop there and check it out on our way back from Fl. in a few weeks.

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The nearest towns are McCormick SC and Lincolnton GA. Both are small...nice but with limited resources. Greenwood is about 25 minutes away, smallish, but very nice. Mt mom grew up in Ware Shoals about 15 miles north of Greenwood. Greenville, SC is about 45 min to an hour from Greenwood and there is plenty to do there. Augusta is about 45 minutes from McCormick, so either Greenwod or Augusta would be your go to for most things. I have lived near Lincolnton for almost 30 years and cannot tell you much of anything about it.

Winters are mild, summer is hot and humid. Riding season is almost year round.

14. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

https://www.livehome3d.com I used it on my Mac. Might be more than what you want but not hard to use. Well supported despite the war (Ukranians made it)

15. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Art Vandelay !

16. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

Thanks,Rick I was wondering about Greenwood also,Don't want to further hijack this thread,thx again.

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Unless you just want to live at the lake, my personal choice would be Greenwood or Greeneville. You might also want to check Lake Greenwood.

18. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Let me know when you get to North Carolina. I'll treat you to a cup of coffee at my secret mountain hideout.

R Acree likes this.
  19. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

So, you are looking for a professional's free advice, based on their years of experience, so you don't have to pay anyone to assist you? I'm sure every architect here will be happy to help you out.

One receives what one pays for, you know...

TurboBlew likes this.
  20. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

just here to keep the importer/ expotrer, Art Vandelay, alive.
    1655403821873.gif

YamahaRick likes this.