1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another talk me out of this thread...

Discussion in 'General' started by Aberk, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I owned a 97 RT10, supposedly only 1 of 2 red ones in California. They came out with the gen 2 GTS in 96 and my 97 was the new Gen2 style convertible without the cutouts and NACA duct that came in 97.

From what I remember without googling, gen 1 was through 95, which I don't really like. 96 was hardtop only and 97 had a few without ducting but with the newer power windows and extra horsepower like mine had. Then in 98 they all were the new style.

I actually liked that car. I bought it for 50K in 99 and sold it for 40K in 2005. I bought it with 10K miles and sold it with 19K miles. Mine was still in excellent shape. I've seen some around my area in the 30K range. Haven't looked at them and still think I wouldn't mind owning another, this time it will be a GTS.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
  2. Boman Forklift

I owned a 930 Turbo. I sold it after moving into my current house and having kids. One day in 1999 my wife and I see a new Honda S200o and I get all excited and she said, you know, we should buy another sports car. So, I instantly start looking at Porsche's, Ferrari's and Lambo's, not that I could afford the Italian stuff. She said, no I think a Viper would be cool....so that's how we ended up with a Viper. I didn't want one, and then test drove that thing. Man the torque back then was pretty incredible, so I loved it and we bought one.

rd400racer likes this.
  3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Every time I see this thread bumped I think it's about getting married

BigBird and Phl218 like this.
  4. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

DO IT! Sounds like we have similar tastes. My ultimate (attainable, excluding museum pieces like a real Daytona coupe) dream car is the exact one you're looking at. Late 90s, blue with white stripes. Same as you, wanted one since I was a kid. Can't afford one right now so a couple weeks ago I bought the next best thing, an srt-10 truck and I haven't stopped grinning since.

5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

You just bought the one with the big trunk and cheap insurance options. :D

6. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

:crackup:

7. Boman Forklift

Funny you say that. Tyler said I bought the "chick version" by getting a RT-10 convertible. If I bought another older style, it would either be Yellow or Blue with White stripes.

8. Repo Man 32

Repo Man 32 Lifetime Member

Explain...?? What's her job???

And, back to topic; I did a ride along in a first gen GTS around the road course at Memphis, SON OF A BITCH!, never felt anything corner like that - I told the driver (Trans Am racer) I roadraced bikes, I think he wanted to scare me... :eek:

9. Aberk

Aberk Well-Known Member

I'm working with a seller in FL on a similar car in my price range. My CU wants a signed BoS before releasing funds and he doesn't want to sign a BoS without having funds in hand. Hopefully he will sign the BoS b/c I douby my CU is going to send a check without it.

10. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Just keep her away from the BMWs

rd400racer likes this.
  11. Aberk

Aberk Well-Known Member

Towed my trailer down to Ocala yesterday and picked up this beauty. 1997 GTS with 38k mi.

[​IMG]

BigBird, ew422, cpettit and 6 others like this.
  12. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Congrats on the purchase. Have fun with it.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Beautiful. Congratulations!