1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another shooting.... When will people start carrying

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by cajun636, Dec 2, 2015.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Or hot blonde newsanchors. :D

Lawn Dart and crashman like this.
  2. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Whoosh!

There are complicated issues out there dude. The simpletons who say more guns are the answer just don't get it.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Duh. But neither are less guns...

condon66 and crashman like this.
  4. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

No, Criminals Kill People...

Less guns and more gun laws heaped on Law Abiding Citizens... Will not change the fact, Criminals Break The Law... No matter how many or how stiff the penalty... Even while in Prison.

speeddaddy and CK from NC like this.
  5. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

FTFY......talk about simpletons.

6. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

All I know is that recidivism decreases exponentially if the potential victims have guns and know how to use them...

turtlecreek and Britt like this.
  7. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

For decades we've tried more gun laws on top of gun laws with no change in the results yet some of you continue to want more gun laws. What are we gonna do? Make murder illegal X 16? Use a gun and it's now illegal X 48. Oops, we still have nutcase criminals killing other people. There's a connection there somewhere. Perhaps it's because most criminals are not intelligent enough to understand the consequences of their actions, or they just don't care. I, along with most others, don't know the reasons people fall out of their tree and start doing stupid things but so far, it's obvious that we need a change of direction on the rules.

One thing that we must do, without fail, is to have rules and ordinances in place that actually discourages people with evil intent from committing crimes. One obvious change would be to stop this stupid "gun free zone" bull shit. Why don't we get larger flashing signs stating "Do your killing here" with arrows pointing to schools, theaters, public venues, etc.? Those little 12"x 18" signs just don't attract enough attention.

You're right. Just indiscriminately putting more firearms on the street is not really an answer. Having renewed my license to carry several times since 1996 I can attest to the idea that about 75% of the people I witnessed getting their CCL are people that I would not want to rely on to stop a mass shooting, or even an armed robbery. They don't deal with firearms enough on a daily basis to stay proficient, nor do they keep on top of the Penal Code enough to know when they can, or cannot, use said firearm. Would that bring on some hesitation on their part when the chips are falling? Maybe. Hell, most likely. I suspect that most of them would be cowering in a corner rather than think of the pistol that they got that all important, studly CCL for. By the way, the pistol is most likely in the console of their car or at home. Carrying one daily is a pain in the ass, or the hip. :)

8. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Doyle, serious question - from a legal standpoint... Let's say they make more gun laws... And a criminal still kills someone with a gun, or robs someone with a gun, or threatens someone with a gun... Now they have more charges, right? What good does that actually do? They're already being charged with murder... Another charge, which may or may not be plead down/away, what good is it?

XFBO likes this.
  9. brex

brex Well-Known Member

What really needs regulation is the press. They are responsible for getting people all riled up and causing massive division in the populace. More press control is needed for the good of the many.

aedwards01 and XFBO like this.
  10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

How about we do away with all of them and create one official news source controlled by the government? We could call it "Truth".

(Truth is the English translation of Pravda, the official news source of the old USSR)

11. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Sounds good.

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

More money for the legal profession.

13. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

PD's would more than likely chuckle at that notion.

14. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

There's just that damn 1st Amendment getting in the way... Maybe, if they'd just do away with the Bill of Rights, all this shit would stop, once and for all.

15. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I don't know man, by them purposely sensationalizing current events they have caused a lot more strife than they should be allowed.......it's not coincidental that a person cannot just walk into a crowded theater and start yelling FIRE.

Today's MSM seem to be more akin to SJW's, spreading fact less info just to stir emotion, that's not right.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
  16. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

So who would regulate the press? The politicians who constantly lie to us already?
    I would be OK with the press being slapped down for deliberate distortion of the truth or outright lies but who would decide what was a lie. Think of the current climate change debacle and the BLM movement.
    Censorship of the press seems a bit Orwellian too...

17. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Isn't that what we have right now? o_O

Anyone who doesn't see the majority of news being full of left leaning twats is either blind or dumb.

Because of reckless news reporting, there is STILL a segment of the population toting the 'hands up' falsehood....nevermind the fact that it has NEVER been proven in any case.

18. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

My concern would be that it would go from bad to worse. The majority of the press is left leaning but there are still some that will provide the counterpoint. I would hate for that to be regulated away.

19. CK from NC

CK from NC Active Member

Yep. Funny how the quintessential "good guy with a gun" rarely gets press when they help to suppress crime. Not flashy enough for most liberal news and it goes against their agendas

XFBO likes this.
  20. brex

brex Well-Known Member

It is clear the press has changed since the Amendment was written. It should be addressed again to make sure that the new, higher-powered press is not in the wrong hands.