1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another shooting.... When will people start carrying

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by cajun636, Dec 2, 2015.

1. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

Why would he get in trouble for defending himself?

2. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I was wondering that too.

3. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Possibly an over the top beating, as suggested in the hospital stay? :D

4. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

There is no such thing when facing uneven odds...

crashman likes this.
  5. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

kangasj and aedwards01 like this.
  6. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

That's the smartest thing I have seen any of them do in a while. Good on Tennessee law makers for that one.

R Acree likes this.
  7. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Other hazards...so like emptying your Glock into a falling ceiling tile cuz it was "coming right at us". :D

8. charles

charles The Transporter

Most of what should be said, has been said already here…the 'ban the guns/abolish gun rights' thing comes from a 'quick-fix' mentality, not unknown in our Congress. It sounds good, doesn't it- that the problem is gone once the guns are gone? As far as creating 'stricter' regulations, yes indeed it can get more restrictive, wait and see…or better yet, chime in now and let your elected representatives now you won't tolerate restrictions that infringe upon your right to purchase and carry weapons. Get active! Get organized! Stay on the backs of these little monkeys in Congress.

9. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Yeah, the gubmint is cummin tamara to take your guns!!!

10. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

And ammo apparently in Cali......when you retiring out there?

11. Shyster d'Oil

Yeah, more guns are the answer. Tell that to your fallen comrades in Dallas, all of whom were armed and well trained.

Seriously, if you are still on the street, you must be dealing with mega assholes all day long including idiots who hate cops. Do you want them packing heat? Despite your quasi-African roots, I doubt that you would want all the BLM protesters packing heat either.

12. Shyster d'Oil

Oh crap, what are they doing now?

Retiring? Ha! I'll be 69 and still have kids in college.

13. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Are you REALLY an attorney?

Or did you just stay at a Holiday Inn last night?

:D
    I was being sarcastic but iirc, there are now waiting periods on ammo....or working towards that.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
  14. Shyster d'Oil

Guns don't kill people. Bullets kill people!

15. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

16. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Almost as if the vast majority of unlawful shootings/killings are done with lawfully acquired firearms, huh?

LOL@the bold portion.....me and papa go way back in time, don't get jealous now.

cajun636 likes this.
  17. CK from NC

CK from NC Active Member

It's nice living in the south. I carry everywhere and my wife does too

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You think if they were unarmed they'd have been safer? Come on now. That's a ridiculous example.

There are plenty of examples of armed citizens keeping themselves and their property safe. Plenty of them stopping criminals who likely would have hurt people. However that doesn't draw viewership so it's not news like the blood and guts are.

kangasj and CK from NC like this.
  19. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Hell, good shoots involving those law abiding CCP holders aren't given much attention, if any. I honestly believe it's not a matter of "viewership" as much as NOT meeting their (liberal) agendas.

Britt and CK from NC like this.
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's partly agenda driven I'm sure on individual reporters but the media as a whole is only about making money. Things being prevented doesn't bring in the viewers like outrage or blood and guts.

CK from NC likes this.