1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

another Provisional question

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by Ridered214, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Ridered214

Ridered214 Member

Ok so from what I've read you don't collect points as a provisional novice. I was talking to someone and they said that if you podium your first race you will get your points as well as getting your provisional removed. I'm not concerned about losing the provisional but I plan on running the entire season next yearand want to be competitive got the series and was wondering if I do in fact get my points.

2. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

As far as I know getting a podium doesn't automatically remove your provisional status, you still have to do the 2 weekends. But you do get the points, earning those has nothing to do with your status.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You absolutely do get points as a PN. The ONLY thing being a PN means is you should wear the shirt and as long as you don't have points you get gridded in the back. That's it.

4. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

have the rules been lifted preventing PNs from running nationals? I've got a guy who is a PN who'd I'd like to get on endurance for next year.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No, and they won't be either. National Endurance racing is not where you need to do your first race sorry.

6. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

Couldn't they run their two provisional weekends before the first endurance round and be good to go for endurance when it comes around?

7. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

traditionally the first southeast round is tally in february and then the first national is roebling in march. we'd need another round to get the shirt off of him.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, yeah.