1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another proud dad thread

Discussion in 'General' started by crashman, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Wow Wanker....your girls have done great!!!!!

Vanderbilt is an amazing school, so to get into that program (4.0) and have a full ride is outstanding!!!

2. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Thank you, Rob.

I've known Vanderbilt was a great school, but I was literally blown away at the parent orientation. The power-point presentations each professor gave, and the overview the Dean gave were incredible. He talked about all sorts of lab experiences, and how our kids may possibly blow $5k to $10k with a mistake made there. The levels of their research are truly astounding to us. He said our kids think they know what they want to do, but it's expected of them to work in areas they've never considered before, and to not be surprised if they shift to a different focus while there.

I can still hardly believe our daughter will become a part of it. She kept her perfect post-high school record going with a 4.0 first semester at Vanderbilt. She also knows more about craft beers than I do..

3. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Thank you very much, Sean. Please let The Boss know that this is why we quit racing. Please tell her hello for us, also! :beer:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Will do :D

5. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Hey, back off thread jacker. This thread was for me bragging!:D

But seriously, thats awesome. It is impossible to feel anything but pride when you see your kids doing well!

Boman Forklift likes this.
  6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

My father drilled into me from a very young age and throughout my childhood that I had a responsibility to be a role model for my younger siblings. The best moment I had in the first six months following my accident was my little brother graduating from Wharton a few months before his 21st birthday with a great job offer in his back pocket. My eyes got a little misty after that phone call. I can't even imagine how you guys must be feeling watching your kids crush it like that. :beer:

7. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I like to think that my dad would post this kind of stuff about my siblings, if he knew forums existed.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  8. flygirl

flygirl Well-Known Member

Sounds like somebody had some great parents :)

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'm just happy that my kid doesn't dirt. :D

Nice job Wanker!

10. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Thanks for all of the positive feedback all!
    The decision was made and Harvard it is. She was 1 of 8 students selected. She will be doing research on the connection between solar coronal cavities and solar filaments. Looks like I need to do some learnin' so I can understand what my daughter tells me when I ask her what she is doing.
    I actually think I am more excited about this than she is...

Boman Forklift and cav115 like this.
  11. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I'm in the same boat.My youngest daughter is getting her Doctorate in neuro psychology.

Boman Forklift and crashman like this.
  12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

It's easy.

She'll say she's in the caaaah down at the haaabaaaah, and they have lobstaaah fresh off the boat and steamaaahs too! :D

13. Pistol820

Pistol820 Well-Known Member

Congrats....I'm 2 for 2 with the college grads

14. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Awesome...her first assignment is to teach the beeb why missing valve stem caps don't cause flat tires. :D

15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

In space. :D

16. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

Congrats all around to you and your girls! Having brains is one thing, having the work ethic and dedication to take it to the level that they took it to is something else entirely! Congrats again!