1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another prayer request

Discussion in 'General' started by K98TOOM, Sep 8, 2005.

1. K98TOOM

K98TOOM @theoldcorner

Since your already in prayer mode, I'd like to mention Bruce Ta, and Mike Laundry. Mike dies at Deals gap earlier this year while I was there, and Bruce died on a Sunday ride in the mountians of central PA a few weeks ago, both are survived by families and loved riding. Bruce's obit can be viewed at "http://www.legacy.com/centredaily/LegacySubPage2.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonId=14789691", please take the time to read, he was an amazing man and will never be forgotten by the "Sunday 2:00 McDonals by the mall" crowd. Ride on guys.

Thanks,
    Garrett CCS #972

2. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Prayers sent. :(

3. K98TOOM

K98TOOM @theoldcorner

thanks

thanks! wow that first reply was quick. It's amazing how riders stick together and help each other. thank you dtalbott, and everyone else who responds. It's a shame it had to happen this was, but something good did come from Bruce's passing, his accident was on Sunday the 7th, Monday morning I signed up for the MARRC school at Summit Point and raced the 27th and 28th with CCS. Taking a 3rd, 4th, and two 5th's my first weekend, I know I wasent alone out there (thanks Bruce), its just a shame it took something so terrible to get me off the street.

4. dtalbott

Welcome to the board, Sir. There's a bunch of good people here, they know everything, and I've never seen them turn away from anyone who needed help.

Keep your friend in your heart, and he will always be there.

5. K98TOOM

K98TOOM @theoldcorner

gallery

I know I'm only a member of the "other" racing organization, but could I get in your gallery? do oyu know if there is a CCS one? I do plan to race as many WERA events as possible next year....

6. dtalbott

Sure.

Send a picture and the info (just look what everybody else sent) to [email protected] . I'll get it added.

7. wera94

wera94 Well-Known Member

My families prayers are sent!

8. Schump

Schump Pimp w/a Slight Limp

prayers sent
    sorry for your loss
    i did ride deals gap for the first time in feburary. twice. i remember it distincly...over the trip from the nice hotel next to the new bike shop in the flats (can't remember the name, it had white siding and green roof, real nice people...they offered to let me shower when I got back to my truck at 7pm exhausted and cold....leathers w/ perforations w/o layerage underneath or a neckwarmer I learned are NOT warm!...3 hot chocolate/coffee stops on the way home and i made it, almost as cold as Vail ==> Denver April 28, 2000, starting at 11:30pm cause "the limey bastard" demanded we leave that day as i'd promised....i had just finished putting a timing belt in a scooby doo in the parking lot in vail for Volkl P30's and bindings and $150 gas money to get home....."mate, you said we're leaving tonight, so WE'RE leaving tonight!"
    just thought some silly stories might make u feel better. and YES, i did get directions for an epic tour for this sight but got cold and lost in the smokey mtn national forest, so I rode the dirt road I turned onto for 5 or so miles and found pavement again and decided to retrace my steps, that way i'd make it back to andrews for sure, and by then the temp was going WAY down and i was getting tired.
    i read most all of bruce's obituaries. he sounds like an excellent man all around, i know he'll be missed, just try to keep him in your mind and heart. sounds like his heart was as big as a mack truck!
    hope all that knew these two are doing well and finding peace somewhere. I liked the quote in one obituary note to bruce's wife, "everytime you look at your childrens' smiles, see bruce's smile through theirs." that's excellent, and so true.

9. Moonpie

Moonpie Yo Yo Yo!

:( blessings sent!

10. Barry

Barry EAT ME simple enough

im sorry to hear

Prayers sent.