1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another GF/Wife breakup/divorce

Discussion in 'General' started by gapman789, Sep 3, 2016.

1. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

You've been missed around here :D

Chris likes this.
  2. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I'll go out on a limb and say this. You want to cut ties with her, do so. You are an adult and so is she.

BUT...

If you are the only male influence that kid has, do the kid a solid and be there if he needs you. There are things his age that despite how much mom tries, she won't get. You may not have been his old man by DNA, but for 8 years you were it. That kid just had his whole world dumped upside down. If nothing else, he needs to understand that you won't give up on him.

BigBird, speedluvn and motoracer1100 like this.
  3. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

'sup Kurt?

V5 Racer likes this.
  4. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

Agreed!

5. Cuddles de Sade

now if we can get Smokes to come back to the beeb...

6. Chris

I already tried several times. He's being a bit of a "little bitch" about it.

7. Cuddles de Sade

He's all 'domesticated' and shit now...

rugbymook, DucatiBomber and Chris like this.
  8. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

or... ORRRR... just disappoint him and leave him out in the cold so he can get used to what the rest of his life has in store for him due to his mother's selfishness. its either now, or at 25 when he's working at Target and serial-dating crazy chicks that keep treating him like dirt. might as well just rip the band-aid off...

:beer::D;):)

9. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Right on joe. That's pretty much how im looking at it.

I took another day off. I haven't missed a day of work all year, 60+ hrs a week....I was ready for time off anyway (especially with the short week with labor day), so this was really perfect timing.

Like most of us, im a creature of habit/routine. So when shit gets turned upside down, i don't like to try to right the ship one piece at a time. I wanna come in like bleachbit, wipe it clean, and put everything back into place like "I" want it.

To the comments about the boy, I'm thinking about asking her for his new number if its ok by him, or tell her to let him know that i want to stay in touch with him, and let him decide if he wants to stay in touch. I was really looking forward to buying in his lst car next spring. I feel there needs to be a man around for that milestone.

Footnote: No contact with her in about 30 hrs. I think she gave up on the idea of sitting in the driveway for the schoolbus...Although, i go to work an hour before the bus would be picking him up, so i would never know anyway.

10. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Btw, he shoots and scores. :Pop:

11. ChuckS

ChuckS Well-Known Member

So, how old was she?

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I've run a few unsuccessful searches on his dentist visit thread over the years. I couldn't remember the username. :D

13. Smokes35

Smokes35 Well-Known Member

Y'all just a bunch of tricks, marks, mark ass tricks, trick ass marks, skeezers, skanks, skig-scags, and scallywhops...

Attached Files:

14. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Then there's option #2 :D

15. Chris

I've missed this on a non social media level.

16. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Your world is perplexing to me
    On one side you seem to really know your shit on HR related manners but the other side races and wants to go hog hunting which are the furthest hobbies from anyone I know in that field.
    Not criticizing in any way, just observing....hog hunting sounds like a blast

17. Cuddles de Sade

...I have first chopper...

Chris likes this.
  18. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

This sucks. I broke up with my last girlfriend but have stayed close with her because of her kids. Her 6 year old and I are very close. Her 18 year old daughter lives with me so she can go to UT Knoxville in Jan. When she and I broke up I missed her kids. Her teenaged son and I get along well also. Her 20 year old daughter has a 2 year old that I'm really close to as well. I was there when the grandbaby was brought home from the hospital. We have a great relationship. People kind of get weirded out about me being so close with the kids. The youngest boy comes home with me a lot. She's tired of explaining it to people and just tells them, "he's with his Uncle John."

It was tough when I had to tell the two teens that I was moving out. I'm the only boyfriend that the teen daughters have ever gotten along with. lol

The guys the ex has dated tend to have issue with our relationship. She just tells them to get over it and deal with it because it's about the kids and she's right.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I was waiting for the part where you tell us how great the kids get along with your ex-wife. Seriously. :crackup:

20. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

C'mon Man! So you're saying that you don't think about hittin' it for ol' time sakes, no strings attached? I'm calling B.S! :blart: