1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

another DMG 200 complaint

Discussion in 'General' started by Phat Chance, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Phat Chance

Phat Chance Silence, I kill you!

Well, I have been to both of the "200's under the Lights" and I am freakin over it! DMG, WAKE UP! Racing under the lights sounds like a good idea but damn, did anyone look at the stands? There couldn't have been enough paying customers to cover the light bill. I have seen more spectators at a club race. Not to mention it was cold as crap! I know the riders had to be freezing their ass off. It was nice watching the DSB and the SB races but when the sun went down, it was miserable. Last year it wasn't much better.

If DMG ran the race under the SUN LIGHT, look at the tens of thousands of dollars in savings they would incure and then they could add that money to the purse.

Not to mention it would be much more enjoyable for the fans.

I understand they (DMG) are trying to react and make the racing better, thank God the Pace car is gone! Now if they would bring back the old superbike rules, let them burn decent fuel instead of that glorified pump gas, and allow the other tire makers in the mix, then we would have some racing again.

2. Chip

Chip Registered

Racing at night is badass! It was cold this year, but I was in shorts and a crew shirt last year for the entire event.

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

For the spectators (the people who buy the tickets) it was mildly chilly last year. The races are much more enjoyable (for the people who buy the tickets) in the sunlight.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

We'll see how the fans feel about sitting out in the chilly nights of Daytona tonight when the dirty bikes run.

I bet the stands are full.

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

It's strange, I've known people who skip all the pavement racing and go to the Supercross. People who can't name a single rider and will not go to another race all year. Then again, these people quite often had no idea there were Superbike and Supersport races at the track. Supercross is heavily advertised. Roadracing at Daytona is barely advertised.

PS: I'm just being selfish. I hate cold more than I hate bad coffee.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2010
  6. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

The one thing I don't get is how on earth you have the practices and qualifying during the day and then race at night. To me that seems stupid. How can you get your bike set up for the race?

7. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

actually,if Im not mistaken....qualifying was early evening

8. justariot66

justariot66 Well-Known Member

I hate how they kept saying "200 champion"! That just screams of a desperate need to hype a no big deal event. For the record I dont know if they have used the term 200 champion for the last 50 years and I never noticed.
    Scott Russel seemed not to know very much about the rules, I mean many times he just didnt know what he was talking about.
    Comparing the Nascar tire and the Bike tire was stooopid, how dumb of an audience do they think they have?
    Under the lights is fine with me as long as its live. How big of a hole did the AMA shoot in its foot this week? HUGE!!! They had 3 great races this year and I am about to watch 2 of them in 20 minutes because they waited 2-3 days to air them.
    Never gonna build interest if the results are all over the internet 2 days before it aires.

9. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Wasn't the 200 the premier event at bike week once upon a time, so it was the last event run at the speedway? Looks like it will soon be a supporting event for the MX races.

10. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Bitch and moan, bitch and moan. Jesus people can't you guys just enjoy what you have. If you don't like what you see then do something about it. How about you put some money up and put on a national level televised race? How about we just support what we have here. You want to see more people in the stands? How about you start spreading the word on how great the racing has been? You want to see more top level teams? Start buying products that thier sponsors sell. Most of all stop bitching about what you don't like and start finding the good in what you have.

11. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

bitchin n moaning seems to have helped roger e find the door which seems to have lead to a marked improvement in the package

12. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

From what I hear I don't miss having tv or speed. It doesn't sound like I would enjoy watching what's been put out there.

13. Cujo1KRR

Cujo1KRR Track Whore

Really??? are you serious. these folks that make the decisions about what we and the fans want read this and monay other boards. Doesnt matter what we buy or sel or advertise, If DMG/AMA wanted the coverage it would happen. Think about this....Camarao and Vettes (base line) have the same dam engine, just as good susp and interior. You think they are gona hype up and sell the camaro over their preimre vette. NO
    So, nascar or motorcycles? you do the math. Its ALL about money, these top executives are not a stupid as we think they are, nearly every choice made has a dollare bill attached to it.
    But i aggree, advertise the dam events and get fans in the stands.

14. banzai132

banzai132 Oh shit! not again!

You would be correct. The 200 would have world class racers from all over the planet racing in it in the 1990's and the earlier part of this century.

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

This year's Daytona is one of the best no question. Heck I'm watching the Superbike races again on Speed and I was there. This competition is crazy close man.

16. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

What turn were you sitting in?

17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Horseshoe of course, standing with my nose in the fence.:up:

18. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Glad you didn`t stick your tongue out.

19. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Yeah, the last thing SPEED would ever want is two highly successful and wildly popular American racing series to sell advertising for. :rolleyes:

20. Phat Chance

Phat Chance Silence, I kill you!

I have supported Bike racing in a huge way. All I'm saying is the "Show" would be better in the warmer part of the day instead of cold windy evenings. Not to mention a hell of a lot cheaper to put on.

So, I won't be bitching any more. I just won't be back as long as they run the 200 mini bike race at night. Now if they switch back to the liter bikes I might consider freezing my ass off.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2010