1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMA Test NJMP 7/22/2009

Discussion in 'General' started by Knarf Legna, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Unofficial times - superbike 21's, sportbike 24's. Chaz did a 24.6 yesterday according to a KWS spokesman with magnificent hair, which was reportedly the best of the test.

Every rider I talked to likes the track, no safety issues to speak of, few areas had hay bales deployed but no issues. Most were surprised at the quality of the facility and had nothing but positive things to say.

The object of so much consternation, in the flesh. Taylor said he got it down to the mid 22's. Barney and Slick also rode it, didn't have a DSB bike there for testing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

Some of the photos on Superbike planet suggest huge safety issues.

3. 418

418 Expert #59

:stupid:

4. Knarf Legna

That doesn't surprise me given Dean's intent to shit on DMG every chance he gets. I spoke personally with Mike Barnes, Eslick, Taylor Knapp, Larry Pegram, Chaz, Aaron Gobert, as well as with Michael Godin and Rocky, and I asked every one of them what they thought of the track, specifically if they had any safety issues. Every one, without exception, said the track is fine and lots of fun.

Maybe other riders had concerns, but I didn't hear of any. Every team that was there was on the track and testing. The OTT guys were there, I hope they have some rider comments in their interviews.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
  5. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

I think the pictures shown seem to be taken from angles where it would make the sections look a little more sketchy than they are. Maybe?

6. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

hmmm - who to believe...riders who were on the track or photos on a website?

7. Mblashfield

Im just reporting on the pictures and captions on his site, a few with one in particular look jacked up with a bridge abutment on the exit of a turn.

Check out the pics and comment.

8. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

This is the BBS. You'd be foolish not to go with the website photos everytime. :)

9. yetidave

yetidave Well-Known Member

I talked with Mladin, Yates, and May. They all liked the track. The only place they agreed MAY be a problem, is the bridge. But watching them ride today, it was pretty clear that they were enjoying themselves.

10. Mblashfield

I hope the place is badass and would hate to see what the pics suggest.

11. Mblashfield

12. yetidave

It is badass. But there a couple of areas that are, without question, capable of killing people. That point cannot be argued.

13. yetidave

14. Knarf Legna

These guys didn't complain at all, every one said they liked the track.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

+10000

I could not agree more with this statement. I did a track day there about a week or so ago and the facility is top notch. The track is fun... BUT they put that bidge in a very bad area. The bridge should NOT be a factor BUT anything can and will happen when racing. When I was there hay bails were the only thing protecting a rider who would make it to the bridge in a wreck from concrete and/or metal. They at least need air fence there.
    Edit...
    Just saw the pics... the airfence that is there in the pics should help out greatly. There were just bails of hay there when I was there for a trackday...Still a very dumb design in this day and age to put a hazard in play at the track...

My 2cents..
    Ride safe,
    AAron

Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
  16. Knarf Legna

Damn, wish I knew you were there!

17. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

It's about time they learn to stop doing that. Yes it cost more to build a tunnel but last I heard no one has run into a tunnel and died at the raceway.

18. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

19. Knarf Legna

Everyone but Chip, would have been good to see him too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The Buell is a good looking bike.