1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMA Mid-Ohio

Discussion in 'General' started by Chip, Jul 19, 2014.

1. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Frankie :D

3. smrrc

smrrc Well-Known Member

That place is awesome regarding the layout but defiantly sketchy in a few spots, especially thunder valley. I can't imagine racing a bike in the wet there though. A few years ago we went out in a car when conditions were damp and we spun out twice going no more than 25mph. It was like ice...

4. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

You know, this situation kinda makes all the bashing on NASCAR not running in the rain a moot point. Ha.

5. ped

ped Banned

it's the keyhole, T7 exit and that left outta thunder alley with that damn square patch of whatever that are the big problems

6. discoduc2

discoduc2 "shift wanker shift"

Ok so we're is te picture of the silly bitch with the sign "AMA Superbike riders are pussies":D:D

7. smrrc

smrrc Well-Known Member

Just spoke with Elena and they're going out 1:15 I think she said? For a practice and then race right after. Gridding will be by points...

8. RockRocks

RockRocks head goober

9. smrrc

smrrc Well-Known Member

Scratch that...1:50 DSB. The track is drying out now so if it continues to do so they'll race. McGrath said be prepared for anything...

10. olgoodf3

olgoodf3 'Merica

40 min practice session for asb dsb and ss. Followed by full length races imedately after and Harley practice last. This is the best case scenario. We are planning for everything being Shortened.

11. smrrc

smrrc Well-Known Member

Well I hope they can pull it off without incident. Here's a thought...both Monday and Tuesday look good so why not shit can this current schedule and put if off till then? Hey, it's not like they have a TV deal they have to stick to right?

12. CarrMoto

CarrMoto Well-Known Member

Grabbing some lunch here and reading this thread.
    What is strange is that every once in a while the place has some of the most amazing grip of any track I have ever been on. Monday and Tuesday were examples of this at the WERA Nationals. When it trained real hard on Monday night I thought for sure the track would get green and snotty but Tuesday morning 1st practice everyone was hauling ass and reporting back that the track rocked.
    In previous years after a rainy night It felt like there was WD-40 on the track. I still haven't figured out what is what with that track but I wish I could read it better.
    Doug from WitchKraft was describing some things to me about the track on Tuesday morning but it was all over my head. :confused:

13. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

this will be interesting.. could be a meat grinder of an event.. hopefully they can get a good feel for the track during practice.

looks like they'll grid by points.

14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I think there's track day on Monday no?

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Well, if the race doesn't go off (and it shouldn't), this is another nail in the coffin of DMG racing.

16. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Let us hope and pray that is the only coffin involved. :mad:

17. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Robby Bobby and team just got a 'wish you were here' shout-out on the live video...pretty sweet.

18. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Do y'all wonder if Scott turns to the other talking head when the mike is off and say, "Man, you say some stupid shit!"

19. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Ya heard that too huh. I was hoping he was going to mention the name of the place.

20. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Oh man, jrp is still a nutcase. Why would they ever go to that idiot. Christie's interview with Peegram and West was funny though.