1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMA at NJMP- Kawasaki Devil's Showdown

Discussion in 'General' started by doublea, Sep 9, 2014.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I could have sworn that Martinez was here before? :confused:

However.......impressive is Mladin dipping into the 1:20's on only his second day riding there (well, if you don't count when a couple AMA guys went earlier that year to do safety analysis of the track back in '09)

http://www.amaprolive.com/live/archives/rr/2009/11-newjersey/sb_fq_ovr.pdf

2. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

did you watch any races last year?

3. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

Now that's impressive!!!:bow:

Since you are a local there and ride it a lot, in your opinion do you think that had anything to do with it being a new track (pavement)? I know since I've been going there, the chicane is bumpier from the cars these days but the line is still good through it.

4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I was pleasantly surprised. He says he has it again, but who really knows until he gets into a race again? The lap times weren't there, but it was 107F out, and his friend, wasn't any faster. His Dad and I were talking, and realized the boys hadn't ridden on the track together since the end of 2012.

It's been a long road back. Tyler raced WERA Las Vegas, Feb 2013 and broke his collarbone. Came back for Road America, June 2013, and got hurt again.

He wants to race at the end of the month.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

It's possible.

Those Rolex series cars tear the shit up out of the surface and T10 still freaks me out every time I'm going through it because of all of the sealer and patches in it. To be honest the rest of the track isn't that bad, I've learned where to avoid most of the bumps especially in the T3 chicane area.

And I mean since Mladin turned that 1:20.9 in 2009 I believe both Hayes and T. Hayden dipped just below it too.

6. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

:rock:

7. ckruzel

this! (it was slapped on in the winners circle)

[​IMG]

8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Haha, applying one of Chris's number plates is not something that's done in a hurry I can say from personal experience :D :D :D

9. ckruzel

i should have just made them a 1 like gagne's hats off to all the champions!

10. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

something i'm still trying to master.. vinyl can be both great and painful.. lol

11. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

--Scott Russel before ASB Race 1.

WTF?

12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Its better than the cream of Sum Yung Gai

13. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I loved Russell's comment about finishing second. Kinda like kissing your sister. Haha :crackup:

14. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

We went up...turned some slow laps, helped other teams, partied and drove home lol

I didnt make the race. I had never been to the track, the weather was kinda shitty Saturday and I didnt cut it. Two 20min sessions wasnt enough for me to learn the place and get up to speed. I think 10 of us didnt make it in. I should have drove up a day earlier and done the track day.
    On a positive note, we split our team up and helped out 4 other SS teams who needed a hand juggling tires etc. It was a good time regardless. Congrats to all the WERA folk with their weekend. There was some great racing going on.

Tuna

15. Chip

Chip Registered

KW33 finally crashed the R6. Never even put a scratch on it all year, but got caught out by a puddle in race one. Finished 10th.

Harley race went exactly as planned...stalk and then lead through the lappers. KW33 executed to perfection. Victory number 3 on the year.

DSB race two was kinda anti-climatic. JD40 stalked kW33 the whole race. Kyle tried to put Narbone between them at the end but it didn't work out. JD40 had his number. 10th again. Kyle was way tired / beat up at the end.

All in all...great year, great weekend, great crew, great rider. Looking forward to next year.

16. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

i don't think rapp was very happy about the lapper situation.. or it may have been another guy.

congrats to kyle on the win. he definitely checked out after that.

17. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Cool that Danny Walker just said he's taking Jake over to England for some Supersport rounds this year.

18. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

19. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

I had no idea that was the plan. Very cool.

20. doublea

doublea Well-Known Member

Also cool that Danny said he wants to take them to the world stage- RRF UK next year? ;)

It'll also be interesting to see how Gagne and Puerta stack up against the fastest guys on 600s over there....Of course, the tracks are completely new to them, but it'll give us a good indication of how our national talent stacks up- looking forward!