1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMA at Barber

Discussion in 'General' started by SClark, Oct 17, 2002.

1. SClark

SClark Righteous Indignator!

So, after all the fuss about Road Atlanta vs. Barber, Barber isn't even on the AMA Schedule.

What did I miss?

2. James Greeson

James Greeson Is the race over yet?

You mean what did they miss?
    :rolleyes:

3. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

The AMA date conflicted with the WERA National.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

LOL - what happened is that the track people have not set any dates at all just yet. They are still getting their management team in place and hopefully hsould have somehting for all of us (including the AMA) mid November. I'd guess that's why the disclaimer about the schedule not being 100% on AMA's release.

5. SClark

SClark Righteous Indignator!

Thanks for catching my drift there Mongo. My concern was that if the AMA can't get in, then ain't no way in Hell WERA can.

Ok, holding breath until Nov.:eek:

6. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

As Mongo said they have not set any dates. They have a little more to do at the track. That includes moving the museum from the downtown location to the track. Probably see dates after that. AMA will be there. When? No one is saying at this time.

7. sv tinker

sv tinker Well-Known Member

a little bird told me wera would have one barber date in '03

8. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

to give you an idea of the investment made at this new track, the museum alone has 22 million dollars in it. the man owns over 900 motorcycles. i hear the new managers are really cool....

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've heard that one too... :)

10. RB

RB Well-Known Member

He has some capable people working at the museum. The one I am familiar with is Brian Slark. I first met him while riding an AHRMA vintage trials at Holiday Downs.

While reading some OLD magazines BOOM there is Slark's name listed as someone who could build a fast Norton { this is back in the early 70's when Norton was still racing AMA national roadraces }. In another old mag was a comparison test and one of the bikes was a Norton and Slark was the factory guy sent along to keep it in fettle at the strip. He later ran a Brit parts biz in the US.

Ray