1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMA at Barber- Roll Call

Discussion in 'General' started by SpEdette, Sep 16, 2003.

1. SpEdette

SpEdette Zombie

Okay, it's time for a roll call! Who's going to be at Barber this weekend for the AMA race? I'll be working the Roadracing World booth in the vendor area. Come by and say hello, buy the new issue (FOUR WERA articles this month!), and bring news of what's happening on the track! :)

2. rabidsquirrel

rabidsquirrel Well-Known Member

I will be in attendance. Should be there all weekend if my so called friends pony up so floor space that I may crash on each night!

I'm a member of the Floribama Riders (Look, Ma! I joined a biker gang! ;-), so you'll find me over at the FBR compound. We should have EZ-Ups set up with a banner. Stop by and say "Hello".

-Shawn

3. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

Leo and I will be taking our camper. Livengood is supposed to room with us...

4. Tank Boy

Tank Boy clank clank boom

we will be there...

along with as many ppl from Columbus that I can drag up there.
    Donno where we are going to spectate at (any suggestions?), but we are camping.

In the sea of bikes, we will be the little red GS and an angry black KLR650 "dark". :cool:

5. WERA74

WERA74 Poser and proud of it!

I'll be there sans ride, helping Simon Turner and the Priority guys.

6. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I will be there unless something bad happens.

7. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Me & my wife will be there on my V-Strom :D We are leaving Mississippi early friday morning & riding over. I really think we are going to hate that helmet thing at Barber outside the paddock. :( Suprised they don't make you wear one on your pit bike in the paddock. Rules are rules so I'll just shut up about it.

Anywho we'll be on a big Grey V-Strom no one place just everywhere...can't wait!! :)

Really looking forward to the Museum tour. :cool:

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The rig is in lot C and I'll be joining it tomorrow night or Thursday AM.

On the helmets - the actual land is owned by the City of Birmingham and leased to the track as part of the deal to leave everything eventually to the city. So that makes a lot of the property like a city park - hence the need to follow the state laws.

9. HFD1Motorsports

HFD1Motorsports BIKE TUNA

XT Racing is going to try it again:) We plan on getting to the track as soon as we can wed afternoon. Anyone know the time we can get there?

10. racer63

racer63 Well-Known Member

I'll be there directing traffic on pit lane as usual.

Charlie - They're planning to start parking the big rigs on Wednesday morning at 7am. Not sure when they'll let the other trailers in.

11. Cindy Ivey

Cindy Ivey Team Manager

Chuck will be there without me. :( I have to sell fuel at a bike ralley in South Carolina.

Godd Luck to everyone. Vicky, please drink one for me. :beer:

Cindy

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Last I heard was setup starting at 7am Wednesday.

13. Chip

Chip Registered

I'll be there working on Scott Carpenters bike.......If my house doesn't blow down!!!!!

Go Away Isabel!!!

14. MR-MICROPHONE

MR-MICROPHONE Breakin' the Law!!

I'll be getting in hopefully on Thursday around 4-ish if everything goes well, but you know how that scenario goes. I'll keep my fingers crossed. I'm supposed to be working one of the crash trucks, or "Clean-up Trucks" as Igor likes to call them, and corner working. Should be a lot of fun!!! :)

As far as the helmet thing, I understand the rule/law, but it's going to suck to have to wear a helmet to go from the camp ground to the paddock to take a shower or even just going to work in the mornings. Something extra to keep up with.

15. Chip

Chip Registered

I'm going to bring the ZB50 mini bike to use as a pit bike, are they going to be enforcing the helmet crap on a 50???

16. MR-MICROPHONE

Are you going to be parking back in the paddock, or in lot "D"?? I heard everyone was supposed to move there. I think Tony might try to get the RV in the paddock if possible but I don't know the liklihood of that. They will be there tomorrow (Wednesday).

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The rig is CURRENTLY in lot C. I'm not sure where exactly I'll be parking, possibly the paddock but I'm working on some other things as well.

Chip - helmets are not required on pit bikes in the paddock. However, once you leave the paddock you must be on a street licensed and legal vehicle (no, a plate on a quad won't work) and wearing a helmet - just like any other public street in Alabama.

18. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I'll be there Friday night in the hotel VW Eurovan.

19. MR-MICROPHONE

If you are on the perimeter road, yes, according to the signs. They read "Helmets Must be Worn While on Perimeter Road". They didn't have a rule for that inside the paddock which I think would be too much. Once you're in the paddock, you're OK.

20. Chip

Chip Registered

Cool, if I leave the paddock then I'll probroly be on foot as somebody will most likely be with me.....

I just didn't want to bring the damn thing all the way from north Carolina and then have to put a helmet on to go get tires....