1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ALMS GT2 Laguna Race Finish

Discussion in 'General' started by DrA5, Oct 12, 2009.

1. ecf

ecf Well-Known Member

Any preferences for teams or parts of track?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Being an Audi owner, the R15 of course!!, BUT, I just love the prototypes. When I was racing, my goal was not F1 or even CART, I wanted to do endurance sports cars. I love the strategy (even though nows, its become 1 to two stint sprints per driver), the co-driver aspect, the long races.........

I love the return of the coupes. I still think the heyday was the IMSA GTP series with Holbert, et al, with the 962s, the Tullis Jag's, Brabhams Nissan.

3. Jed

Jed mellifluous

ECF what camera / lens were you using? I was just wandering around with a nikon 80-200 2.8. I'm guessing you had credentials??? Great pics. I can't pan worth a damn.

This one woulda been good without the dang fence.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  4. ecf

ecf Well-Known Member

I'm the odd one out... I use a Pentax k20d most with a Sigma 50-500mm attached. However it would have been nice with a fast F2.8 lens when it was really overcast and dark. And yeah - I had credentials :)

Thanks for the compliments. Panning takes some practice. I usually set camera on shutter priority and make sure image stabilization is turned off. Sometimes I'll turn off AF too and just preset to the right spot. Also make sure to follow through past where you take the shot. 1/250th should be a good shutter to start with and then slow it down as you improve. Just realize that there's a good chance only 1 in 3 turn out.

5. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

They must have the Corvette really restricted because a few years back the Porsches weren't in the same class as the Corvette, and were nowhere near as fast.

Edit - Yeah, check out the 2004 results http://www.americanlemans.com/index_results.php#

Back then it was GT and GTS as the production car classes. GTS was Corvette, Saleen, Dodge (Viper?), Lambo, and Ferrari. GT was full of Porsches, and I think there was 1 or more slower Ferraris in that class too.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  6. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Corvette moved down from GT1 to GT2 midway through this year and modified the car/engine to meet that class requirements. No one was racing in GT1 other than the Corvettes against themselves or the occasional Aston Martin.

7. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Ah, that makes sense, thanks for the info. It seems like the factory Corvette has always been the over-dog and no one else could match them.

8. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

The C6.R is badass.

9. random hero

random hero Banned

yes, murdered out:up: