1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Almighty beeb gun question - unique situation

Discussion in 'General' started by 50Joe, Dec 31, 2017.

1. r6khari

r6khari Well-Known Member

If I may make a suggestion, check out the LCR in .327 Federal Magnum. There's lots of power there and you get an extra round compared to .357 or .38 +P in the same very small revolver package.

2. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

[​IMG]

50Joe likes this.
  3. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Ruger SP101 2 1/4 inch barrel .357
    /thread

terminus est likes this.
  4. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

If you need light weight try Taurus TCP or Ruger LCP (I like the TCP a bit more)

A bit nicer gun but a bit more weight, Kahr PM. I have the PM9 with night sights. Great little pistol.

Revolver? Hard to beat the LCR in whatever flavor you prefer.

5. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I like the LCP. With a proper holster, it looks like a wallet. It's not the biggest, or baddest, but I'm not looking to hang out at the OK corral.

6. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

Glock 42.

Small enough to fit in a front pocket yet big enough you can shoot it accurately with two hands on the weapon. Plus glock reliability can’t go wrong.

7. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Sig P238 FTW. I've been carrying it for a few months now and love it.

8. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

I looked at that little guy, too. Went with the 938 because some guys get extra duty 9mm rounds they throw my way.

Ive shot my best with Sigs. Good stuff!

9. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Another vote for either of the two Sig’s above

10. r6khari

r6khari Well-Known Member

Condition 1?

11. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Theres a company that will mill dovetails in the slide and install sights. They look good and apparently work good BUT its $175 which is around what most LCP's sell for.

12. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Not with my kids around. I have been teaching them gun safety but at their age I still don't feel safe having the gun cocked and locked all the time.

13. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

Yeah, Innovative Arms. They started doing them again late last summer. Got mine done, well worth the money. In the long run, it would've been cheaper to buy a different gun in the first place...didn't realize how much the original sights would bother me. The LCP concept is basically a close range point and shoot, aim is more or less optional at that range.

14. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

sig 290 rs
    Ruger sp 101

15. dantheman

dantheman Yeah, it hurt.....

I bought that Ruger .380 a few weeks ago. Haven't shot it yet but I got it for its compact size and the price point couldn't be beat. Some decent reviews so hopefully it will be a good purchase. As others have said, might be worth a look.

16. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Really don't have problems shooting mine out to 5 yds on oem sights. My S&W 642 .38 has similar sight setup. Again really don't try shooting that out beyond 5 yds. Both are mainly for "around the house". My only gripe with he LCP is the lack of slide lock on last round and how proud Ruger is of the magazines, price wise.

17. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

Ruger's price on mags isn't that great. I did replace the guts in mine with new springs/followers from MagGuts, now I'm 7+1.

Honestly, the stock sights weren't too bad once I painted the front white.

18. terminus est

terminus est Be prepared

I feel training should be done beyond practical distances. If you can make steel ring at 40 yds with a handgun half of the time, 20yds ain't nothing and 5yds you don't have to think or hardly try.