1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All knowing BeeB, quiet generator question

Discussion in 'General' started by adio1dog, Aug 31, 2023.

1. adio1dog

adio1dog Well-Known Member

Hello all, I figure I will start my problem solution here. Honda EU 2200i generator that sat about 18 months without use. I fired it up for a power outage and it cranks over and starts pretty easy but will only run on full choke. Sputters out when turning choke off. Of course it runs a bit rough and it did produce power for several hours. I am sure it is a simple fix, but I am too simple to know it. What to do first?
    Sea foam?
    3 foot screwdriver?
    Rotella synthetic?
    thank you for the help in advance.
    -Matt

2. VR45 Troll

VR45 Troll Site Mod Upgraded to Troll. Formerly “Maximum”

Drain old fuel and rinse out tank. Change gasoline filter if it has one. Add Techron in the proper concentration with new fuel and run the generator under load for a full tank.
    If the problem still exists then remove and clean the carburetor.

adio1dog likes this.
  3. diggy

diggy Well-Known Member

I'd just skip to the remove carburetor and use a single strand of wire brush to break the fuel skin covering up the pilot (idle) jet. I've had to do it more than a couple times on my eu2000, no big deal. The pilot is a black plastic thing installed from the top of the carburetor, underneath the idle adjuster and throttle control.

Keep track of how many turns on the idle adjustment.

adio1dog, Banditracer and CRA_Fizzer like this.
  4. VR45 Troll

VR45 Troll Site Mod Upgraded to Troll. Formerly “Maximum”

I have a very old Generac and after 23 years it’s only now started to have carb problems and I had to clean it out. I always turn off the fuel peacock and run the carb dry. I bought a new Nikki OEM carb on Amazon as a spare. You might want to have a spare carb if you can buy one for your generator.

5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

^^^This…

Is complete bullshit!

You need a new 25KVA diesel gennie with a tonner dually to drag it around with.

Or hit up Roy for a list of acceptable models. ;)

adio1dog and DJ Baker like this.
  6. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

The fuel lines for an EU2000 are microscopic. It is setup with a drain petcock to drain these lines before storage. If you don't do this (guilty when I first got mine), they will likely clog. Of course bad fuel or fuel debris can cause this too. No different than any other gas-powered thing, just on such a small scale that it happens a lot more easily.

adio1dog likes this.
  7. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

If it won't idle without the choke the pilot is plugged. Clean it.

TLR67, Once a Wanker.. and adio1dog like this.
  8. adio1dog

adio1dog Well-Known Member

Thanks all for the help. I knew y’all would cut to the solution quick. :bow:

9. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

Any small gas motor loves alcohol !

10. Cooter!

Cooter! Sarcasm level: Maximum

I'm a small gas motor!