1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All hail thought police!

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by R Acree, Dec 20, 2019.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

2. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

3. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Guy is a moron but stealing the flag was the only crime (for which he should be punished) If he can get anyone to do it I suspect he could get it tossed on excessive punishment. Hate crimes are flat wrong. I don't care why someone stole property just that he is a mean thief.

600 dbl are likes this.
  4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

How so?

5. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Theft? Yes
    Arson? Maybe
    Hate crime? Get the fuck outta here with that stupid shit

6. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

But, it’s OK to burn the colors of this awesome country? That’s not hate, but, freedom of speech? WTF?!

jrsamples and K51000 like this.
  7. G 97

G 97 Garth

Liberals have slowly polluted the city of Ames through Iowa State University. It’s been turned into a liberal cesspool. It’s sad to see what was once a nice small town with a great land grant public University being held hostage by the liberal elite academia and their enlightened woke bullshit.

No one can criticize or disagree or they are labeled a homophobe, racist, misogynist etc. Then you have the entire diversity crap taking hold as well that does as much to limit / restrict white students opportunities in favor for non whites regardless of achievement. It’s beyond disgusting. All in the name of educational enlightenment.

ducnut likes this.
  8. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Definitely a plague, across every campus.

9. sheepofblue

Time to start defunding them

ducnut likes this.
  10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

How many years in prison does one get for stealing and burning an American flag again?

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

It’s a constitutionally protected activity.

12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

As long as hating America isn't considered a hate crime......awesome!

13. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

14. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I would imagine buying and burning a gay pride flag would be constitutionally protected as freedom of speech.
    So, if you are planning on burning a flag, don't steal it.
    Also this is BS. The bar for a hate crime is too low in my opinion. Maybe it should be renamed and changed to a terror crime. If your intent is to terrorize a group, not just show that you hate them, but you actually want to cause terror and the prosecutor can prove that I could see that being a separate crime.

15. sheepofblue

Proving what someone was thinking is impossible. Hate crimes suck, punish people for what they do and nothing else.

jrsamples and brex like this.
  16. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

If someone writes a manifesto that says it is their goal to terrorize all {insert group name here} through criminal acts and then follow through on that, then they deserve some extra punishment to go along with the punishment for those criminal acts. The point is you can cause harm to people even if you never directly interact with them. Let's take the victim of the day out of this and say talk about the DC Sniper. If they had a manifesto showing it was their intent to cause terror in the general population of DC metro area, they deserve some extra punishment for that. The resulting terror impacted probably over a million lives throughout the area was certainly the result of their criminal actions. I agree that without a confession or manifesto it would be virtually impossible to prove and I am fine with that level for a burden of proof. It would be a rare crime and I am fine with that.

17. borislav

borislav Well-Known Member

If it was up to me you burn the flag, you go to fucking gulag motherfucker and if you survive when sentence is up you get the ride to the border and kicked in the ass while crossing it. Your passport stays on this side!

Gixxerguy855 and ducnut like this.
  18. sheepofblue

DC sniper multiple murders gets life, add a hate crime and it adds :confused: He made a deal to avoid the death penalty otherwise how much worse can you get two (might apply to the zombie RGB).

The problem with thought crimes is there is a subjective judgement that changes on what is bad. Look over to England where being critical of trans people can get you tossed in jail as can putting up "Being White is OK" leaflets. Yet yelling Alu AKbar is fine (protected hate). Punish acts (planning is an act) not motives or thoughts.

19. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Be nice to do that with all those who claimed they were leaving the USA, if DJT got elected.

20. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Hate crime? WTF? Freedom of speech. No one was hurt. He didn't set a gay on fire.
    Prosecute him for the theft and the backbeat. 15 years is insane.