1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All Hail Team Xtreme, The Best Endurance Team At Talladega

Discussion in 'General' started by John Ulrich, May 30, 2001.

1. John Ulrich

John Ulrich Well-Known Member

Hey everybody, it has been brought to my attention that I have been remiss in not giving enough credit to Team Xtreme/Team Pennzoil for their glorious victory at Talladega in the WERA 4-hour last weekend.

So to set the record straight, I now acknowledge that Team Xtreme was the best endurance team at Talladega last Saturday and took a glorious victory despite losing 2nd gear and despite riding a 750 against teams with 1000s, 600s, other 750s with all their gears and even 650s.

At Talladega, all the members of Team Xtreme became glorious overall winners for the first time! Woo-hoo! Way to go! Hubba hubba! You the men (and women)! You baaaad! All praise and glory to your team!

Plus their transporter and pit set up looked the best! Woo-hoo again. Way to go! Duuudes!

Plus they had the nicest team uniforms! Yaahoo!

Plus they have that nice round-headed kid riding for them, Charlie...er, Opie Caylor. Woo-hoo!

For this week, they are the kings of the hill, the best, the baddest, the most Xtremely bitchin' endurance team in all the land! I salute them! I give them full credit!

Now let's all go to Putnam as friends and have another race, shall we?

How about it? Deal?

2. Sean Jordan

Sean Jordan Well-Known Member

If they don't win the next round, are we still supposed to cheer like you told us? [​IMG]

3. John Ulrich

Only in case they have a bad pit stop... [​IMG]

(I'm kidding, I'm kidding, lighten up, come on, let's just move on, nothing to see here people, go about your business...)

4. Comet117

Comet117 Well-Known Member

squeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaakkkkkkkkkkkk!!!
    It's like 'doing the wave' in a stadium, you can hear sphincters sequentially slamming shut from coast to coast. [​IMG]

But seriously, who doesn't love a clean challenge on a level playing field...I wish I played on their level...hey Stick, wanna' run your pitbike against my stock '89 RGV250 with 6 year old slicks on it??Hehehe...it just doesn't have the same charm.

I believe it was hazbin1 who threw down the gauntlet, so we can't say bad about JU 'starting' this controversy. He is rising to the challenge.
    Joe

5. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

This is just delicious. There hasn't been a fight here in such a long time, I wasn't even reading anymore. [​IMG]

6. John Ulrich

Now I hear that their whole problem is they didn't like the website headline compared to the headline from when Vesrah won at Texas.

First of all, Vesrah won in a romp, by about 4 laps on a long (2.9 mile) course.

They won by 21 seconds on a what, 1.3-mile course?

Be that as it may, I went back in and changed the headline from Talladega so they read almost the same and have parallel construction. They could have just called up and asked about it and avoided some BS, but what the hell, I'm having a good day so I changed it now anyway.

[This message has been edited by John Ulrich (edited 05-30-2001).]

7. Texracer85

Texracer85 Guest

I was at that Texas race, and Vesrah deserved flashing lights, banners and the occassional stripper for the race they rode.
    Even that Ulrich kid was a blast to watch, but he sounded a little rough in the horseshoe. If you get a chance JU would you ask him about that turn, he was flying but the bike never sounded smooth.

8. ethridge72

ethridge72 Well-Known Member

John I am all for a truce. Personally I can't believe you let a bunch of chumps ..er...Punks from Georgia get you this worked up. Best of luck to Vesrah this weekend. See you at Putnam.

9. John Ulrich

Truce it is! And I don't know any chumps/punks. Only glorious winners!

(With working cell phones!)

10. John Ulrich

Move along people, nothing to see here...

11. GSXRGIRL

GSXRGIRL Guest

This is great entertainment. I know how to take JU's humor and I hope everyone else does. [​IMG]

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

<Sniff>

It's so nice to have the happy jolly BBS back again!

[​IMG]

or would [​IMG] be a bit more appropos?

13. Eric_77

Eric_77 Well-Known Member

Cool little bit of smilies you put together there Sean never seen this one and boy do I miss him and Hobbes. [​IMG]

Seems like all the good comics from when I was a kid are gone but my dad's are still being printed. [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by Eric_77 (edited 05-30-2001).]

14. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

You forgot about a 460 also.

15. John Ulrich

Okay, and a 460.

16. indiana roadracer

indiana roadracer BBS Lurker

Team Xtreme got lucky. Bike 31 was just about to make its move to the front after the second hour. We were just beginning to utilize our rocket boosters and then they failed resulting in a small fire [​IMG]
    maybe we can reconfigure them for putnam.

17. John Ulrich

Okay, a 460 and a burning GSXR. Did I miss anything else?

18. David Boosales

David Boosales Well-Known Member

How about a street legal Yamaha TZR250, they use to share cases with the TZ. You could essentially run a full-on TZ250 motor in that chassis, jet it real fat and have a good time in Middleweight Superbike.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Paul wrights bike should still be around somewhere...

20. Umbrella girl #1

Umbrella girl #1 Well-Known Member

Hey JU... This reminds me of the fun times you had with one very special person back in the old, old days... I'm sure you will rememeber the name Solmax racing, maybe the name of the team owner.. I won't share now but this will make you think abit.......