1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alabama abortion law...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by jase, May 16, 2019.

1. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

The xygote human cell is a single human cell with the unique dna, it is the beginning of a separate human life and is different from skin cell, appendages, etc. This was the question and has always been which you have only opinion to dispute.

2. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

BS, you are lying now.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You aren't paying attention then because that isn't remotely true. I have never disputed actual facts. You however sure are :crackup:

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Prove it, all my words are right here in this thread.

5. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

That is Incorrect the amendment in both content and context was to preclude a state religion. To assume some ones religious practices or lack of have no impact on their opinions is foolish.

6. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I'm pretty sure it's how poor and inbred your state is, but it could be god and guns :Poke:

7. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I'll give you poverty, but most of our incest is confined to our sharecropper's cabins and our better attended klan rallies.

8. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

You have backpedaled every one of them.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Haven't backpedaled on anything.

Just because you can't seem to understand that human cells aren't an actual human person doesn't change that. Even taking that into consideration I'm truly lost as to how you can actually thing I've remotely changed my opinion on any of this :crackup:

10. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Let me take another shot at injecting actual science into the discussion.
    I've done this a number of times but Mongo is immune to the science.
    Here it is (I unabashedly stole this):

Sperm and ova do not have a right to life because they are not individual genetic human beings, but are merely parts of individual genetic human beings. Having haploid chromosomes, they each have only half of the chromosomes needed to make a human being, whereas all other cells of the body (except erythrocytes—red blood cells) have diploid chromosomes. The gametes (sperm and unfertilized egg) do not contain the whole DNA code for a human. They cannot survive on their own; they have no more life than any other cell.

At conception, when the sperm and ova fuse, they each cease to exist. They have formed something new, a zygote, which possesses self-sustaining life such as all life-forms have. A zygote is an individual genetic human being; the sperm and ova are not

You need to learn to discern between living tissue and a living organism.
    As stated, the zygote is an individual genetic human being, not a part of
    the mother's body. This is where human life begins.

The only question is when you as an individual decide that that life has value.
    This is where a bunch of folks want to play God.

Shout out to dsapsis and Papa, which of you cares to disagree with what I quoted above?
    The science says human life begins with the zygote, right or wrong?

MVA25 likes this.
  11. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

People understand the science. It is choosing a specific definition to attach to science where opinion comes into it. Getting everyone to agree to the definition of "a human being" or "human life" is the problem. I think most people would agree that a zygote is a form of human life. Where they generally do not agree that it is a human being.

It is not understanding the science that causes the difference of opinion on the definition. That is why this will always be argued infinity, because the two sides don't agree on the definition and they never will.

12. G 97

G 97 Garth

Life begins at conception.
    "Development of the embryo begins at Stage 1 when a sperm fertilizes an oocyte and together they form a zygote." "Human development begins after the union of male and female gametes or germ cells during a process known as fertilization (conception).

MVA25 likes this.
  13. 2blueYam

Ah, but is an embryo a human being? On this there is not agreement.
    Does "Human development" mean a human that is developing or something that will develop into a human being? On this there is not agreement.

As stated above it all comes down to the definitions.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oooohhhhh - see the problem is you aren't injecting science. A zygote is absolutely not self sustaining life. Without it's host it's just another cell soon to die. That is how science actually works.

A zygote is not a human person. It cannot survive without the mother therefore it absolutely is part of the mother.

No one is playing god and a fake being has nothing to do with anything.

Science says a zygote has the potential to become a human person if everything goes right. It is not a human person in and of itself.

I would say try again but you'll just keep posting the same old wrong shit that is faith based not fact based.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Exactly. One caveat though - the objective understand that the point the cells become a human person is absolutely opinion. Those basing their opinion on faith or their own feeling who keep stating that they know when that point is it as a fact - at which point they are lying to themselves and the rest of us.

16. G 97

G 97 Garth

It’s life. Nothing more to qualify beyond this. It’s life.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There is a ton to qualify if you're thinking about sanctioning people for letting those living cells die. Because there is a shitload of stuff humans do with their live cells no one here ever complains about.

18. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

You should read the post where I defined a actual human person and it's irrelevance to discussing when a human life begin or you could go on ranting about how "I don't seem to understand." Or do you want to discuss the stupidity of how an apple is not a human? Or you could point to when I have lamented about changing your mind. None of which addresses the point of the discussion of when human life begins.

Liar
    So how do you feel about cats?
    Have you ever stolen anything?

19. 2blueYam

So is an appendix , so is cancer, and so is tissue that becomes a hole in your earlobe (or lip or where ever you want to be pierced), but those are discarded.

20. G 97

G 97 Garth

So? It still does not change the fact that life begins at conception and abortion kills a life. Everything else you stated doesn’t change this.