1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alabama abortion law...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by jase, May 16, 2019.

1. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Again. Ask your insurer.

2. BHP41

What is your meaning of conception? This isn’t religious, is scientific.

Ducti89 likes this.
  3. BHP41

Having taken basic biology, your suggestion has no merit.

Do you not believe that human life is precious?

Ducti89 likes this.
  4. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Insurance companies are not generally guided by moral principles. If they can find a way to disallow your care, they will. To them, you are an entry in an actuarial table, not a person.

YamahaRick likes this.
  5. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Sounds like you need to send twenty dollars to the church of the sacred bleeding heart of Jesus, located somewhere in Los Angeles, California.

6. BHP41

I asked another here what their definition of conception is, I will ask you the same.

Hard cases make bad laws and the 11yo is truly a hard case. I would think that everyone grieves for that girl. Her life is forever changed and her innocence has been taken away.

Ducti89 likes this.
  7. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

I honestly have no idea at what point the life starts. I'm not Pro-abortion, I'm a bit Pro-life and pro-choice. I would hope that a woman that has a viable pregnancy at least consider adoption if she doesn't feel like shes ready or capable of raising the baby. But I also never want to make government laws that restricts a person's choice. It should be ultimately decided by the woman with careful input by her Doctor and her family.

I don't have the answers.

jase, SuddenBraking, HPPT and 4 others like this.
  8. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Inflation!!

It only cost Mick a ten.

9. BHP41

My neighbor is annoying. He’s constantly doing things that upset my way of life and if continued will degrade my future happiness.

Can I kill him? No, I can’t, because murder is illegal, the law has taken that choice away from me.

That’s what laws do, they restrict choices. You can go over 70mph on the highway, you can’t double park , you can’t punch someone because they annoy you.

This will always be an issue. There will be people that are on all sides. It is best left up to the states. If you don’t like your states law, move or get active in your state politics.

10. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Indeed! Then so do both our opinions on path taken by the pregnant woman.

Yes, to a point. But in the case of a pregnant woman, whose life is more precious?...

As a compromise, let the woman decide (because our opinions have no merit).

jase likes this.
  11. BHP41

So the father of the child has no say? So what do you tell your kids? Hey, if your mother wanted to kill you in the womb, I’d have been alright with that because it was her choice.

No, either life is precious or it isn’t. There are circumstances that happen where they may be a choice to save one or the other but both lives are precious. The question you’re trying to ask there is , which life has more meaning.

12. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Gotta love how the my body my choice mantra is used until it’s time to pay the bills. Then, all of the sudden, the Father becomes important.

13. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Yup.

If the father didn't want the child, why should he have to pay child support?

14. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Because he had his say in choosing to have sex with a woman, who chose to keep the pregnancy that resulted from it?

Moral of the story, don't have sex with pro-lifers.

15. 600 dbl are

What if the father was raped? :Poke: :D

16. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

Well we've seen that happen with female teachers getting knocked up by the male student they sexually abused.

It's the same with other men that have stated they were too drunk or whatever to properly give consent to sex and got the girl preggers.

17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Then he has a child to raise while that dirty rape arson murder and rapist rots in prison. :D

18. 600 dbl are

Please don't assume the fathers gender :p

pickled egg likes this.
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yet one more time - human cells are not a human person.

No bullshit. Um, okay on the sperm and egg because that's not really true... They all have their own unique human dna in them.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Why is simple - insurance companies don't want to pay out money.