1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Airplane nuts, anyone know if this is anything special

Discussion in 'General' started by backbone, Aug 3, 2022.

1. prm

prm Well-Known Member

That right wing is not quite right. Happens on many drawings/paintings. Having experience with the F-14, I look at much of the art and it simply not right.

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

If the planes would just be still and pose properly, I'm sure they could do better.

Gino230 and backbone like this.
  3. RS250Ape

RS250Ape Well-Known Member

No doubt the artist has talent. But also just a re-creation of the pic found here:https://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads2&screen=829
    with his own spin on it. added the bombs, slightly different markings and one extra Japanese kill *wonder what the significance of that is?

NO disrespect to the artist. I could only do re-creations also. Draw something while looking at it. Ask me to create a drawing from memory and imagination and you end up with something looking like a 1st grade stick house with a sun in the corner.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I think that is the same link I posted...IIRC it addressed the number of kills and the reason for the discrepancy, but I can access the link from work to verify. FWIW, most of the pilot's kills were in a P47.

Same plane, different site. There are a LOT of peeps fascinated by vintage WWII aircraft.
    upload_2022-8-4_11-14-54.png

Last edited: Aug 4, 2022
    RS250Ape likes this.
  5. G 97

G 97 Garth

I think it’s bad ass regardless. It’s value is that a I like it.

R Acree likes this.
  6. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

That is a nice vintage PDF. (pencil drawn file).

R Acree likes this.
  7. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

That looks like Hana Lopa in the middle!

8. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Off with his head. :D