1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Airline Mile Givers?

Discussion in 'General' started by ClemsonsR6, Jan 21, 2020.

1. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

I’m in a little pickle...forgot to book a one way flight from Vegas to SNA in Cali. For Monday.

Now flights are stupidly expensive....anyone have miles they want to book a ticket with for me?

otherwise, may have to rent a car and drive.

2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Check with the jet charters.... JetSuite, ACI Jet. They can be affordable.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  3. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

4. d_alexand

d_alexand Well-Known Member

Its usually cheaper to fly into LAX. Check the Southwest "low fare calendar" to see cheapest days and times.

5. ClemsonsR6

At 400 bucks, I'll drive it for 85 and a tank of gas. The 935am Jet Blue flight was like 85 bucks 3 weeks ago and I forgot to book it. Now it's 400!!

6. ClemsonsR6

Unfortunately, have to fly into SNA for the work shuttle pickup.

7. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

You probably know, but it is an easy drive as long as you aren't driving that way Sunday with all the rush of traffic coming back from Vegas.

You only around for 1 day, would be fun to meet another BBSer.....I promise not to bust your chops on Clemson's performance last week, after all the comments you made about them.:D

8. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

You kind of just did. ;)

9. ClemsonsR6

I'm flying into Vegas on Saturday and have to be in Cali on Monday.

Flight into LAX is less than a $100, just gotta figure out getting to Newport Beach from LAX.

And yes, would love to hangout some. Just planning to sit at the poker tables some.

10. Boman Forklift

Well of course....I meant after he gets here.

rd49 likes this.
  11. Phl218

Phl218 .

Win big, buy F U $ ticket :D

12. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Uber is about $50 for that ride.

beac83 and Boman Forklift like this.
  13. Boman Forklift

So....will the company cover a rental car or Uber for you? LAX to Newport at the right time is an easy drive.

14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I just looked this up on Travelocity 2 seconds ago....8pm too late for you to get in? Jump on that Frontier flight.

Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 8.18.13 PM.png

Boman Forklift likes this.
  15. ClemsonsR6

Yes, our meeting starts at 2 I think.

Edit: Don’t have to be there until 5pm....can drive it for $100’ish.

Can fly into LAX for $100’ish - waiting for Meeting planner to respond about travel from LAX to Newport Beach.

Have a Delta flight into Sna if anyone feels generous with Delta miles.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
  16. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

17. Boman Forklift

It’s not that bad of a drive. Over Christmas both my kids flew into LAX and I picked them up and took one of them back, so that is 6 times and I live another 20-30 minutes south of Newport Beach towards San Diego.

18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Ehhhh, just drive it then. I did the roundtrip a couple years back when I was in Vegas late summer for a convention, and my cousin was getting married in Newport the same week. Got up in the morning, went to Bellagio and rented a car from Avis and headed out, got to Newport a few hours later, did the wedding, then turned around and hauled ass back to Vegas in time to meet my buddies just getting out of Omnia at 2am lol.

BTW, if you stop along the way for sustenance, I highly recommend NOT drinking one of these.....thought I'd kill 2 birds with one stone. Only thing it killed was my desire to live :Puke:

[​IMG]

19. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Are you a democrat??

20. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork