1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aftermarket parts for 2006 Models (Suzuki?)

Discussion in 'General' started by 12pointRacing, Nov 20, 2005.

1. 12pointRacing

12pointRacing two-stroke potato peeler

Anyone have any "connections" with any of the rearset manufacturers that may have gotten their hands on the 2006 Suzuki models? (I know, a long shot, but worth asking)

Reason I ask is because after seeing the GSXR 6/750 stocker rearsets (complete pot metal crap ), I am most curious if GP shift will be doable with the ease it has been done in the past, or will it be a 1999-2002 R6-type bastardized creation like done by Graves (with all the linkages)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Without being able to put a 10mm wrench on the shift knuckle, I can't tell much - but it really doesn't look like there is enough clearance to simply spin the knuckle over 180 degrees (it looks as if it will hit the clutch cover, and the shifter rod looks like it will hit the water pump bolts).

Suzuki aslso flipped the damn rear caliper to the top instead of the bottom:

[​IMG]

(makes changing wheels 100 times more of a pain the arse; much like the R6 now)

Anyone know anything, or will this thread simply digress into a bunch of pissing and moaning like the rest? :D

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Check with Moto-R.

3. vimkgt

vimkgt Well-Known Member

If anything, it almost looks like it'd be easier to flip around the knuckle for GP shifting with that arrangement, the lever is not in the way of the rod anymore.

4. 12pointRacing

12pointRacing two-stroke potato peeler

I thought so too until I saw it in person. I didn't think the Suzuki booth would think too kindly to me disassembling their motorcycle at the show however...:)