1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aftermarket 8 lug truck wheels

Discussion in 'General' started by masshole, Mar 28, 2016.

1. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

What do you have and what's your feedback? Brands and vendors?

My stockers are 20" and I'm looking to stay on 20" and not go bigger.
    The only thing I would exclude right away is chrome wheels or anything that should only be on a ghetto cruiser. I prefer black/ gun metal grey but open to suggestions.

My truck is a diesel 2015 Ram 3500 srw in dark blue. She's still the occasional daily driver and will also tow one small/ light trailer and one large (12k lbs. loaded) trailer.

2. My diesel had RBP 96R's.

This isnt my truck, but this is the best picture of the wheels i could find. For tires i had 305/55/20 Nitto Dura-Grapplers (had a 3" lift on it, those tires won't clear without it lifted).

They werent too bad, the wheels and tires (mounted and shipped) were about $3600 or so. But RBP builds the wheels as they are ordered, so if you go with them you need to plan on a 3-4 week delay.

[​IMG]

masshole likes this.
  3. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

I went with BMF.

I don't know how the dodge is but if it is a hub bearing wheel design be mindful that you are going down in load bearing quality by going to a lug bearing design.

4. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

This is the kinda stuff I know nothing about. Thanks, I'll look into it. This is where the modern day life-teaching search engines come in handy.

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

I didn't even know this was thing...the beeb rocks

6. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

To put what Knotcher said into layman's terms is aftermarket wheels aren't usually hub centric. They make the hub holes in aftermarket wheels huge to fit a broader range of vehicles. Lug centric wheels arent super strong so on a big truck its best to get the right fitting wheel. Fortunately they make spacers for just such the occasion, just a ring to fit the inner ID of the wheel and the OD of axle hub its going on. Could make one yourself if you have any kind of lathe.

masshole likes this.
  7. BigBird

BigBird blah

Didn't realize hub rings actually did more than just making installing wheels easier...good stuff..

8. BigBird

BigBird blah

sure you can buy smaller but why :D

[​IMG]

9. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

:stupid: I actually love that color/finish on a wheel!

BigBird likes this.
  10. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

Just not that big. Looks silly. Like a hot-wheels toy car back in the 70's.

11. lazlo

lazlo Stand up guy who corners low.

Tirerack.com

So many pictures of wheels to choose from, it gets confusing.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

That dodge 1500 made me angry enough to throw crab apples at kids.

No! Just no!

Banditracer likes this.
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That passenger-side rear view mirror bringing back "You must be this tall to ride" childhood memories?

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Come on man, you're tall and you claim to be black, would you do THAT to a Ram 1500? Now, what would you say if you weren't tall and you were whiter than a sheet of printer paper?

crashman likes this.
  15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Don't get me wrong, it looks ridiculous. But getting angry, that's very personal. :D

16. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

There aren't many ways to make a Dodge worse, but you've found one.

noles19 likes this.
  17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Who is angry? Well, angrier than usual? I'd chuck crab apples at kids if I won powerball and could afford to buy all the shit I've ever talked about buying plus Ecuador. :D

Micro hulk mad! Micro hulk chuck crab apple! :D

18. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:stupid:
    It looks like the redneck version of the Caprice Classics I have seen in New Orleans. Sometimes a person should just say no...

19. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

If that makes you mad. A buddy took a CTS and put in on 22 or 24's. I call it a Bro-ham. Now if it were only merlot or champagne colored...

20. Skter505

Skter505 Well-Known Member

Go down to 17's or 18's and enjoy a better ride, cheaper tires and more tire choices. I have AEV Salta's on my Ram 2500.