1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Affirmative Action

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Dutch, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Me. If their race had any bearing on their admittance and scholarship money, that's racist.

2. BR549

BR549 Well-Known Member

Unconstitutional, maybe, but not racist.

3. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Me, as it is still nonsense. As is favoring a college because it has a history of at one time doing something good. They in no way should be ashamed of that history but ANY public institution that is not trying to serve all citizens should not be supported with public $$$.

Your focus can be the top tier students or the bottom but if you are focusing on pigment, sex, degree of medical mutilation, or level of mental stability then you better be a hospital as all of those can effect medical needs.

4. ACDNate

ACDNate Well-Known Member

Me as well but only because none of the HBC's in my state have campuses nearby.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Me.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The people of that state voted against it, the supreme court upheld it and now some do-gooders feel they know better then the people of the state.

I don't care, AA has almost no bearing on my life but my opinion of it is that it has long outlived its usefulness by 20 years.

7. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

I think abolishing racial discrimination is long overdue. Let's get on with the whole "All men created equal" and equal protection under the law bit.

8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:D

9. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

10. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Classic MSNBC "the right wing of the Supreme Court Wednesday for its decision" when it was a 6-2 decision :crackup: then the writer goes on to say "doesn’t knock down affirmative action itself, effectively allows states to end racial preferences in college admissions if voters choose." when it is for ALL public programs. In other words you can outlaw the states ability to treat people of different races differently.... what a concept :rolleyes:

11. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

You think that is bad, you should see how the MSNBC leg humpers are losing their minds in the comments section over GA passing an expanded concealed carry law. Fucking loons.

12. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Wonder what they'll say when Georgia doesn't have any mass shootings but anti-gun Chicago keeps up the slaughter going on there.

13. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

page 367 of the Progressive Manual for Being a Colossal Dumbass says that you are supposed to blame straw purchases from Indiana when someone cites Chicago gun violence.

14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

You have to love their news subjects in the "Latest" section.

Civil Rights
    Income Inequality
    Chris Christie
    Marriage Equality
    Voting Rights

It's a list of the subjects the Dems are hammering incessantly to avoid talking about any actual issues that matter as we approach the elections.

15. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

:stupid:

I've always looked at it as Government sponsored racism.

I can see it's existence if it was SOLELY utilized to help open the door to 'qualified' minority personnel in companies that clearly have very little or NO minorities in it. But it's embarrassing to see how it actually [negatively] effects the workforce by filling personnel race quota's with UNqualified people.

16. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member