1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aeroplane Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Sep 28, 2022.

1. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Yeah, that's why I asked. "Classified" feature back in the day.

2. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

Affectionately known as the “Mach Diamond”

Razr likes this.
  3. BigBird

BigBird blah

Gino230 likes this.
  4. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

The message you conveyed was the entire, condensed version of that painful to read article.
    How many times, in how many different paragraphs, can an author say the same GD thing, over and over and over...? :rolleyes:
    Fuck Southwest. The original pilot probably ate their food or succumbed to the stench of the onboard cattle. :D

Sabre699 likes this.
  5. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

6. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

So what's the timeline to flow to the big leagues like now? You gonna move up this year or get stuck in regional hell for 5 years?

7. Steak Travis

might just stick with the regional for the flow to delta and take the bonuses. If I try off the street and didn’t get delta , I lose the flow. Being in atl it doesn’t seem worth going to United or AA early. They are picking our guys off quick

8. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

How many years in regionals currently to get to majors?

9. Steak Travis

6-7 but that’s including Covid slow down to flow

some FO’s are going earlier 700 ish and if you are part of propel or aviate 1000 hours 121 to delta or United. Any PIC time and you should have a good shot too

Or you can go LCC and try to get an interview after you get some bus time

R1Racer99 likes this.
  10. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Are you sure @Steak Travis? All the majors have dropped the 1000 Turbine requirement. Get your app in with Delta as soon as possible! The best "bonuses" will come from extra seniority you get by getting hired right away.

BigBird and Photo like this.
  11. Steak Travis

how senior is atl at swa? My class got put on the crj 200 so I’ve barely got any hours averaging .8 a flight. Last 200 flight is April 30 and I go to the 900 may 25. I’ll start racking up the hours then but AA said 500-700 and they’ll look at you.

I think the rest of April the only flights are I atl - Valdosta ga, Albany,ga , Columbus ga and dothan Al

Getting landing numbers on climb out to Columbus ga!

12. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

ATL is super senior at SWA. It's the smallest base with about 600 pilots total. The whole east coast is kinda senior at SWA which is another problem altogether.

But if I were you, I would take the quality of life hit now and get with big D as soon as possible- If you really want to live in ATL, make DL your focus and worry about getting back to that base later.

We have hired half of Sky West because DL wouldn't take them (so as not to destroy their own mainline feed), seems like they stay with us 8-9 months before going back to Big D. We lost 28 Pilots in March alone so far!

Apparently the thing to do is go to a job fair. Any job fair will do- women in aviation, gay pilots association, etc. They are giving out job offers right there. Get with AA, United, or whoever and then come back around to Delta if that's really what you want!

13. Steak Travis

Yeah I live in atl now so delta is the way to go for me. Going AA,United, swa then back to delta or flowing is my route I think

14. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Parallel question about aviation:

A week or so ago someone was trying to drench with jet fuel a 'simple drone' in mid air.

I didn't watch every talking head nor read every article but it seems to me no one mention the actual purpose of dumping fuel on a drone, what was the goal?

Beyond 'pissing' on the enemy....

15. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Fuel in the engine intake would probably have an adverse reaction to engine performance

pjdoran likes this.
  16. pjdoran

pjdoran Well-Known Member

It would seem the intention was to cease the ability of the drone to continue flight. Beyond intake issues, potential fire hazard comes to mind.

17. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Im wondering if that trick actually works or if he was just farting around.

18. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

An intake of jet fuel mist will definitely not affect the drone'a engine enough to write home about.

I was thinking about the electronic but that seems well protected. The sensors & cameras might not enjoy it too much.

Dunno.

We'll need to ask Sergey....

Last edited: Mar 27, 2023
  19. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Something impacted it enough to cause the operator and his higher ups to press the go boom button. Would turbulence from a plane passing that close eff up the control surfaces??? Eh, beats me. My neighbor was the aerospace propulsion chair at GA Tech until he stepped down to just teach again. Maybe he'll know. I'll ask the next time I see him. He called me a rocket scientist once. Not sure if joking...

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

"Impact" is the word you should focus on. :)

Triple X likes this.