1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice Required RE: Racing Incident

Discussion in 'General' started by t500racer, Jun 23, 2022.

1. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Id settle it man to man which should have an 8-10 week recovery time.

2. Slick-101

Slick-101 Well-Known Member

[QUOTE="t500racer, post: It could be, at least until I began screaming in his ear to stop. Of course, he may not have heard it, I suppose. He would never had been hung up on me though if he hadn't kept pushing his front wheel into the back of my leg to try and go through me. He knew my body was in there. He showed no regard for it, and after the leg break ran over the rest of me as well.[/QUOTE]

As I said before, I've raced a lot of off road events like this, and I ride dirtbikes on singletrack every weekend and have for decades, with A riders and pros. There is a ZERO per cent chance he did not know/see his front wheel was on your leg. He knew it, he DNGAF and that, to me, is why this warrants some form of response. I'd strongly consider contacting his team, and if you know he's now signed with KTM, I'd let them know. This truly is inexcusable and off the charts. I get they are racing for $ and all that, I truly do. And despite the fact that I'm a lawyer, I rarely see anything on track/course that would make me think of litigation. All that being said, in my mind, nothing justifies what happened in this situation and there needs to be accountability. I just hope you fully heal up and get past this, it's a horrible injury (I've had it).

3. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

District 13 I think. VCHSS Peninsula round in Petersburg, VA I am haven't named the rider yet. Waiting for the VCHSS president to return my call.

jksoft likes this.
  4. t500racer

I think he won $100 for a third place finish. So there is that...

5. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Does his last name resemble a magazine name?

6. t500racer

There is a high possibility that could be the case.

rcarson15 likes this.
  7. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Any implication that the AA rider didn't know or wasn't aware of what he was doing to t500racer is BS. The fact that the guy is an AA class rider means that he has more awareness of what he's doing with his bike and better control. He knew exactly what he was doing.

I'm not a lawyer and I don't play one on TV, but this sounds like assault. I've had several incidents over 40 years of racing where people did stupid shit that left me injured , but nothing to this level. No "heat of the battle" excuses allowed. The guy should go to jail.

8. BC

BC Well-Known Member

9. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Being a minor, giving him an attitude adjustment will be tricky.

10. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

Well, that is what I call be called out. This board is ruthless!

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

That youngster has been racing over half his life. IMHO, there is no way he didn't know what he was doing.

backbone likes this.
  12. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Can his parents be sued for raising an asshole ?

rcarson15 likes this.
  13. FastByKids

Absolutely cringe with this "Suing" and "Lawyer" talk.

It's already tough enough to get venues to accept the liability to put on these events.

14. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I've seen blows being traded on course for far less than this. Granted,
    I don't think anyone is suggesting suing the event, venue or organizers. This is an issue of personal responsibility/liability as far as I am concerned.

dobr24 likes this.
  15. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Why would litigation against a specific rider influence liability insurance on the tracks or organizers?

BC and Banditracer like this.
  16. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

Lots of people are anti-lawyer until someone borderline-intentionally breaks their leg.

Gino230, 418, Boman Forklift and 7 others like this.
  17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

This is gonna get real interesting real quick now that the dude is known.

hope you heal up quickly. :)

pjzocc likes this.
  18. FastByKids

Has there been situations that they go after the org when things like this happen?

A lawyers job is to get as much money from whomever will pay, right?

Not sure how this situation would play out.

We have suffered many of broken bones on the track because of other riders actions. Not once have I thought about litigation or suing anyone.

19. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

As have I but it’s never been as a result of disregard for another rider’s safety or deliberate action to cause harm, as seems to be the case here. This doesn’t seem to be a dumb mistake someone made that sent another rider to the hospital.

Past Glory likes this.
  20. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Race course incident, probably not. I’d guess the nut didn’t fall far from the tree, so addressing them would be less than productive.