1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice 4 RV 4 trackday / race weekends

Discussion in 'General' started by Digidaze, Feb 4, 2008.

1. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I gotta remember that one.....thnx. :D

2. Digidaze

Digidaze Well-Known Member

Looks like I am going to shop around a little on Craig’s List until I find the right one. Leaning towards a Class C twenty something foot.

I do have to agree with others that there is no better way to spend the weekend than at the track, in your own RV, with your own stuff, and your own bog. I am getting tired of nasty ass hotels and all the hassle of going back and forward at the end of a day. As for the cost of gas…….well, I am a limey (sorry) and as its over $8 a gallon back in crappy old England. Its going to have to go up a lot more before I begin to worry about it.

Thanks for all the info and help….keep it coming if you got more.

3. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

just curious more than anything...

as I don't have the family to consider, I've been looking at the ones that are cargo trailer based (Work N Play, etc)...there are sooooo many RV-based units, it's tough to keep track and decide. amazing $$$$ differences too :D

4. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

As someone has already mentioned DEFINITELY look in the more popular retirement cities/states not just your local area.....esp seeing you're in the LA area, you're gonna pay top $$$ for used imo. The last RV show I went to, some RV owner was nice enough to share his thoughts and he stressed when ready to shoot down to Florida for the best used deals.....Id say Arizona and Texas are two other states to check out as well.

5. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Ok.

For a lone ranger the cargo based trailers would probably be better, although I have seen a few smaller RV based units that would be good for a single user as well. Those Work N Play units are nice.

6. Cuddles de Sade

I have the luxury of mooching off the Lawn Dart again this year, so I'm in no hurry...probably start shopping in earnest around Sept/Oct

7. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Good time to start looking, too. Used or new?

8. Cuddles de Sade

I'm not opposed to used...will shop for both.

9. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Mine is a 30' Class A Bounder with a 454. 8mpg is what it gets with or without my 7x18' trailer.

The truck is a '04 F-350 Crew Long Bed Diesel. It gets 14-15mpg on the highway with the trailer.

10. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

I can't get 11 or 12 mpg in my Suburban not towing. If I'm very very gentle I can maybe eek out 9.5mpg...I think I got 10 once when I drove for a whole tank on the freeway at 67mph. Towing the rv I get about 6.5-7 at most.

Ugh.

11. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

That on a P30 chassis? Does it have a tag axle? Mine was a Holiday with a 454 and the tag axle and got 5. Everyone else with a 454 seems to get the mpg you do, so I've wondered just what the difference was. Mine was in fine tune with low miles, and I certainly didn't thrash it.

You big block, me small block. I can get 15 or better not towing as long as I keep the speed reasonable, but the 4.11 gears do limit what is reasonable.