1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acid reflex

Discussion in 'General' started by Gsxrsliver1000, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Do any of you have Acid reflex........I take Prilosec, And wonder if any others in here have this problem?

2. sln

sln Slow LWT newb

My sister had acid reflux, or heartburn or something of that burning nature...

I told her to take a soupspoon full of apple vinegar and that healed her.

Maybe it will help you too?

3. I had an acid reflex when I was younger. After howling at a kaleidoscopic moon, I slept it off. :D

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Me personally, no. My dad had it. Also my wife's grandmother and a couple friends. One of my friends had a problem with the medication making him jittery. He changed his diet a bit and stopped eating late at night. That eliminated the problem for the most part. IIRC, the biggest triggers were spicy foods and large meals, particularly late at night.

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I found sleep to be hard to get when cid came to call.

6. Sure, but after comes the Sleep of Two Days :)

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Kind of like a vacation with extended family. At first it is fun, but after a while you are ready for a break.

8. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Constantly.

9. n2indy

n2indy Well-Known Member

Yeah...I got it...take protonix once in the am. I hate taking medicine, but it basically keeps me from getting sores on my vocal chords that could turn into cancer...so I take it.

10. CJack

CJack Canadian Redneck

ProTonix is the Best thing on the market for me!! Acid reflux put me in the hospital for 4 days a few years ago with esophageal varacies, Lucky for me none of it was cancerous. That or Prilosec... With Protonix, I can eat grapefruit and stand on my head eating pepperoni pizza w/japalenos and not worry about getting the BURN!!!

11. ...and the Google ad says, "Acid Reflux Hurts." :cool:

12. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

some assume that tums or other chalky antacids are the answer but it (the heartburn sensation) can come from the other side of the ph scale. that is why sometimes vinegar cures it also. i am by no means a scientist but i have found that when the tums dont work a big swig from the old pickled jalepeno jar does the trick.

13. sln

sln Slow LWT newb

Agreed

Americans are waaaaaay overmedicated. But hey, what do I know, I've not taken a prescribed or OTC drug for anything other than broken bone or surgical pain relief.

14. Even Keel

Even Keel Banned

I have extraordinary reflexes. I've had people hit balls back to me at well over 100 mph and I've always been able to cope with the shit. No troubles. I never took ACID to do it though. I think that would actually hurt you. Coke and methamphetamines is where it's at.

Now if you have some sort of stomach problem, where your juices are coming up and attacking your esophagus, then I would recommend this. No fruit juice of any kind. Nope none. Not that apple juice suggestion. That's bad. Orange juice will kill you. No Smoking, it will definitely weaken the valve in your stomach. No caffeine. no mountain dew. Elevate Your bed. The whole thing. Not just your head. That will cause your stomach to bend, causing you more pain. Put bricks under the feet of your head board.

15. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Apple Cider Vinegar and plain ol baking soder. Drink it 2-3 times/day on an empty stomach for 5 days then stop for 2 days. Mix 1/4 tbsp baking soda with 2 tblps apple vin in 250 mg water. You may have to ad baking soda as your body gets used to it.

16. Even Keel

Even Keel Banned

Who taught you that you grandma? She also teach you to put butter onto a burn?

17. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

No she taught me to put meat tenderizer onto a cut though.

18. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Serious answer, change your diet, if you have not already. Stop drinking colas, try to avoid acidic foods, i.e. tomato sauce, orange juice. Eat several, small healthy meals per day. NO JUNK FOOD. Reduce your stress. (yeah, right.)

Anyhow, that should help with the symptoms. Also, heart burn feeling can be a sign of heart problems so get it checked out with your doctor, just in case.

I am not a medical professional, and have not slept at a Holiday Inn Express in some time, your milage may vary, no warranty implied.

19. bcc

bcc painter /fabricator

is acid reflEx the thing you do when someone throws acid at you and you quickly jump out of the way ?

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep. It can also be the reaction when you realize you've spilled battery acid down your nice coat and a pair of jeans.