1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Abuse of power? Michigan, I got this.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Fencer, Dec 20, 2019.

1. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I wish the Dems would make the addicts and other bums that live in the streets in California wear shit bags too.

Beac....love the last line from your signature....that coming from Kamala Harris...talk about irony.

2. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Maybe we will all wake up someday to the being played part.

I'm not holding my breadth. We as a populace seem to love excuses and conspiracy theories, and dissemination.

3. StaccatoFan

Oh I'm pretty sure more of us are awake now than ever. I just wish Liberals would realize how much their being played by their Democratic "Saviors".
    Which is the irony of you quoting Kameltoe Harris in your sig.

I mean, in some ways it's sheer genius on the part of the Democrats. Entrap voters in Government funded "Programs" they say will help them, but once you're in a "Program"
    there's no getting out. So, you keep voting for your "Program" or face losing your "benefits" from the "Program".

The Politicians stay in place/power using the taxpayers money to buy their votes....it's actually genius. Pelosi's mastered it.

ducnut likes this.
  4. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

I don't disagree. We should get rid of all the programs - those that support corporations, farms, businesses and individuals.

Then we can tax all entities fairly - on profits or on income, but not what we have today, where businesses pay tax on profit after costs and expenses, and wage earners pay on gross receipts.

5. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I don't disagree with the caveat that dividends should only be taxed once...either at the corporate or the individual. Bring on the flat tax.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  6. StaccatoFan

Corporations create jobs. I have no problems with giving businesses breaks when they do things that put more people in a position to be self sufficient and provide for their families.

I own stock in Apple, Amazon and Google. Those companies grow and I make money. I’m not Bezos or Gates. I’m Joe American. But Jeff and Bills successes have helped my success. Every Dem candidate wants to single Amazon out as the Evil Empire because they’ve paid no taxes. Tell the whole story. They invest in expansion, which happens to be tax deductible BECAUSE this creates jobs. Which is exactly what America wants. Their created jobs also create more tax payers. Why is that “evil”?

When I cash in, I’ll pay the taxes on my gains. I have no problems paying taxes for schools, roads, Defense and other necessary Gov functions. I have issues paying for Gov housing “Programs” for section 8 housing for people that make poor choices. While I feel bad for a lot of those people, I take issue with my and your tax dollars being used to enable and facilitate the cycles of these poor choices.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
    tony 340, auminer and ducnut like this.
  7. StaccatoFan

As far as farmers, I won't defend the farm subsidies...I think their BS, too. I think farmers are great farmers, but no necessarily great when it comes to the business side of things. Both sides of my family come from agricultural backgrounds...My Mom's side has done pretty well, by Dad's side pissed it all away in poor decisions and too much drinking and not enough focus on farming/business and growth.

What the Government REALLY needs to do for farming is find a way to attract young people to that occupation. Rural America is slowly dwindling away because young people is the largest export from those areas besides crops. My cousin's taken over the operations on my Mom's side, but he had to wait 35 years. And he's taking over a multi-million dollar operation with my 75 year old uncle and a hired farm hand to farm over 6,000 acres. He's taking over my side of that family's operation AND the acreage that belonged to my Grandfather's brother's side of the family as well, because that branch of the family tree has nobody left to take on that operation.

The landscape there has old abandoned farm yards splattered all over the place. It's actually a pretty great life out there. Moving in and starting out in 1914 when my Great Grandfather did was hard I'm sure...but it was in it's infancy and everyone there was starting fresh. Now, it would take millions to start from zero. Buy the land, equipment and operating costs would make Student Loan Debts look like a small credit card debt by comparison.