1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Abuse of power? Michigan, I got this.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Fencer, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

3. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Wow also that it's the ACLU stepping in to defend them. Second, wonder if they had guns if that threat of demolishing their houses would ever been seen to fruition.

4. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I don't see any way that goes too far with the whole religious persecution thing. We've got a ton of Amish around here and NY state and the local towns don't dare fuck with them much.
    Besides unless they're slobs and living like cavemen I doubt there's any merit to it. I've been in alot of Amish places and they're usually spotless. The women take pride in their homes, some of the kitchens are as clean as Yoshimura's engine building room.

TurboBlew, jrsamples and ducnut like this.
  5. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

They probably do have guns. Any that I know do, they hunt, varmit control etc.

beac83 likes this.
  6. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Yep,same with the community of them down here. Very clean and take pride in everything they have and do. I wish whoever is giving them grief would...........well we all know what I mean:D

7. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I hope MI gets fucked and every one of the families come out millionaires.

We have a lot of Amish and Mennonite to the east of here and they’re all good people. I grew up with the teaching it was something truly special to be able to visit them and their way of life. My snowblower, mentioned elsewhere, was actually bought from a Mennonite-owned mower shop. And, they’ve built a lot of structures, cabinetry, and furniture seen around here.

I simply don’t understand messing with that, which doesn’t mess with you.

TurboBlew and jrsamples like this.
  8. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Someone or some business interested in their property for development?

spcassell likes this.
  9. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Total Bullshit!

Any chance this county is in Tlaib's district? Since it's a religious discrimination issue.

10. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

It is not.

11. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

back in the day when they were building engines

12. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Was reading a history book on the west the other day. Didn't know before, but it mentioned how the Mennonites were courted to pre-commie Russia because they could produce wheat like no others....and did, and transformed the country. They were run down by the commies (religious prosecution) and were courted by groups in the USA to move to the west. The local governments promised them that they would never have to serve in the military (they couldn't promise that legally) because the group were pacifists. Interesting history.

13. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

In Band of Brothers, Garner pokes at Winters by calling him a Mennonite. :crackup:

14. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I guess I'm the outlier here. While I don't have a major gripes, I do wish they would put horse shit bags on their animals when out on the highway. If I littered up the roads like they do I'd get fined. I'm tired of dodging road apples and having to clean the shit off my vehicles.

jrsamples likes this.
  15. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I dont even think they do that in NYC with the horse drawn carriages or the mounted police.

tony 340 likes this.
  16. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Lenawee County officials seem really stupid here... and I cant believe a County attorney would let them even start.
    We have a monthly meeting with City attorneys for legal problems & questions. Some officials like the Fire Marshalls and Health Inspectors have to bring City legal representation to "problematic" properties. Many times if the violations are egregious enough...they'll summon the State to bring their own people.

17. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

The Detroit police horses shit right in the streets downtown

TurboBlew likes this.
  18. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

At least they don't shit in grocery stores.

19. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Don't think this guys have any highways there. Only one city with 20k population in whole county :)

20. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

The commercial horses wear bags. The police horses don't.