1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A world record attempt and a great cause...

Discussion in 'General' started by JBraun, May 20, 2018.

1. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

@JBraun do you even lift bro????

Looking kind small...:D:D

Vibram sole boots???

If they would allow fat guys to count their uhhemm 'overage' toward the 100 lbs I could totally do that. I'd only have to carry about 30 lbs...easy peezy.

Great job again. Not many folks know what it's like to haul that much weight on your body for any distance at all...

BigBird likes this.
  2. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

:D I got down to 190 for this effort. Still can’t believe that tall skinny bastard finished in front of me!

I wear Danner Tachyon boots with Sole insoles. Best boots I’ve ever worn for speed under the ruck. Obviously there’s no avoiding blisters at that weight and distance, but my feet weren’t as shredded as I expected.

You’re right man. Most people don’t know, but you obviously do. It’s just a different kind of suck.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  3. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Also just got news that the official chip times were just under 8 minutes faster than we thought. The world record time is now 6:20.48

4. joec

joec brace yourself

I don't think I could just run 26 miles. Pretty sure I can't carry 100lbs around the block. Lol

Impressive as hell.

BigBird likes this.
  5. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

This planet needs more folks like you two.
    Donation sent.

JBraun likes this.
  6. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

7. Lazy Destroyer

Lazy Destroyer Well-Known Member

Dude!! Awesome job to you both!!!
    Just donated, thanks for posting up about this.
    ;igy6

8. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Clearly you do. Thanks brother!

9. packfan

packfan El Presidente

WOW... You guys are the best. My brother from another mother is a 20+ year marine and I love you all!!!!

JBraun likes this.
  10. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Jedb likes this.
  11. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I might be asking for a vacation, but I spend too much time here anyway... :D

Jedb likes this.
  12. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I've semi-followed this, and while carrying heavy stuff isn't super impressive to me, doing it for a good cause is. Congrats on the record.

JBraun likes this.
  13. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

It's only impressive if you have similar experience...and let me tell ya, I've never rucked for the prescribed distance of 26.2 miles, but I've done enough rucks with enough weight (some lighter, some heavier than 100) to know that carrying 100lbs for 26.2 miles would absolutely be a huge test of mental endurance and strength!

JBraun and ekraft84 like this.