1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Race I Would Like to See

Discussion in 'General' started by Tdub, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Cajun Kid

Cajun Kid Well-Known Member

I love Short Track Racing. Super Fun to watch. Super fun to ride.

AMERICA FUCK YEAH!!!!

2. dean dufrene

dean dufrene Well-Known Member

That is Brad Baker and I think he mentioned somewhere on facebook that they brought those girls for him. It's pretty awesome to see how they rolled out the red carpet for him!

Funny, I blew my yz 125 motor yesterday and was doing some research and seen your name on one of the forums. Hopefully I can fix it myself :crackup:

HOPEFULLY

3. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Not quite sure where you are going with this??? Care to elaborate??

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

The fact that Gollum Rabat was that fast on dirt! I had no idea. He had a great moto2 year but I'm going to pay more attention to him this season.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

My buddy ( he does track photography) knows BB fairly well as BB is a PNW guy.

BB has said he has no desire to road race. Plus he is 6' tall and probably outweighs MM by 60 lbs.

He did seem awfully close with that taller pit girl, tho.

6. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Would you allow BB the same 15yrs that MM has had to master a RR craft before making a comparison??

7. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Sure…if you allow MM 15 years to master his craft in the dirt.
    They both do their job exceptionally well. How old is Brad? He looks very young.

8. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Same age as MM...this whole comparison is moot. They are the best at what they do.

9. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Baker was 75% at best, MM was balls out. It was great racing.

10. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Yep, BB was toying with him. MM gave it all he had. Did anybody else think BB was going to pit in after MM went down? He kept looking around and slowed down a lot? Isn't that normal procedure at an AMA flat track race, to re-start?

11. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

My guess was he felt bad at first, then after thinking it through - realized he was in Spain and wanted his name to be listed for the win. :)

I agree BB had some in reserve, as he got pushed back a bit to Marquez a few laps earlier and reeled him back in within a lap or so. Awesome racing to watch though.

12. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

good stuff

13. backcountryme

BB is one of the smoothest riders I have ever seen. I have been watching him all year, and no matter how hard he is being pushed he never looks like he is fighting the bike. Just smooth as glass and relaxed.

14. RndHoleSqPeg

RndHoleSqPeg Well-Known Member

Sure…if you allow MM 15 years to master his craft in the dirt.

Doesn't MM train throughout the year (and years past) on flat track?

15. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

You are taking the quote out of context by not including the post quoted...

16. backcountryme

Yes he does, but that isn't the same as racing the top guys at flattrack.