1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Race I Would Like to See

Discussion in 'General' started by Tdub, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

2. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

+1 on that. Nice short track race. I think Baker was seriously sandbagging until MM put him too the wall. Then it was a taste of what short track is really like.

3. apexspeed

apexspeed Well-Known Member

Good stuff right there.. and that track looked fun!

4. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

that was bad ass...Baker and Marquez made those other guys look pretty silly...:beer:

5. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

So cool! Hope someone at AMA was taking notes!

Btw MM93 put this on! Very cool of a young champ to re-kindle something like this! Class act

6. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

:stupid:

7. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

That was great!!!

8. Chip

Chip Registered

Great event!!!

9. caferace

caferace No.

The GNF should have a flat track race. :D

-jim

10. caferace

caferace No.

I have Brad Baker lined up for the next show alongside a few very cool other folks. :clap:

-jim

11. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

Cool, thanks for the links. Wish I could have watched it live. Very cool of MM to host this.

12. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

other cool folks? I know you didn't ask me so can't imagine who ELSE it would be. :p

13. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

in all seriousness...have a question for you guys...

what is more impressive?

The fact that Baker beat Marquez and looked smooth as glass doing it...

Or that Marquez kept up and gave Baker a race...

Obviously Marquez would school Baker on a roadrace bike but do you think Baker would be world class on a GP bike if given the time and opportunity?

14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I'm still not totally convinced Baker was giving it 100% out there.

15. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

No he wasn't. He kept looking around to see where MM was. Even after MM went down, he slowed and I thought he was going to give it away. MM did much better on Bakers turf than Baker would do on MM's turf.

16. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Also keeping in mind that STing is just a very small part of Baker's "turf". It was a great show anyway you look at it, and like others have stated I hope some promoters over here were watching.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

:stupid: It looked to me that he was giving just enough to make it a show and give the people in the seats their money's worth.

If he just ran off and hid I think the fans would have gotten out their pitch forks and torches.

18. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

He seriously looked like he was riding at about 75%. No way to give a fair comparison.

And for about the first four laps, I honestly thought the rest of the field pulled off.

19. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

20. caferace

caferace No.

;)

Schwantz, Wayne Gardiner and Alex Lowes ... mebbe more.

-jim