1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a celebration worthy of the Messiah?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by james walker, Oct 31, 2008.

1. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Yes, I think that's a real possibility.

I doubt 'riot' is the right word, but something(s) bad will happen.

2. Buster

Buster Well-Known Member

Grant Park

3. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Do you think there will be a bunch of white people rioting if Obama gets elected?

4. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

What makes you think that?

There may be a riot in a house in Bells, TN. :D

Last edited: Oct 31, 2008
  5. Buster

Buster Well-Known Member

Uh..have you seen the footage of the people outside some of the McCain/Palin rallies?

6. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Yeah, there could be, especially with all the younger voters this election has brought out. Kent State comes to mind.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't see riots happening because I don't think it would be perceived as an injustice. They are not going to like it, but I doubt many will think there was cheating involved. I could certainly see random individual acts of hatred, maybe a lynching or two.

On the other hand, if Obama doesn't win, I am definitely predicting riots. Because of the obsession with the polls, Obama is widely expected to win. A loss would be interpreted as the election being stolen from him by fraudulent means, and shit would blow up.

8. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Dude, a half a dozen people seeking attention hardly constitutes a riot. ;)

9. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Come on, tell me you didn't just use Kent State as an example. How does that have anything to do with this?

Don't say this shit just for the thread. Do you people really think there are going to be white people rioting?

We are talking riots. Not half a dozen drunk rednecks in a few different towns running around cursing at cameras. That happens everytime a Democrat gets elected.

10. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I agree and that's why I don't think there will be if Obama gets elected.

Like DDT touched on, I think there will be some very small scale instances of dumbasses bigot rednecks spouting off to the media.

I don't think things will get that ugly if McCain is elected. I think that will be small scale also. Though I should qualify that and say that if it turns into an election debacle like Florida was with Bush/Gore then all bets are off either way.

11. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Kent State is valid because of the charged political climate at the time. The opposition to the Vietnam war was at an all time high, similar to the current climate and feelings about the war in Iraq. The economy is in the shitter and people are demanding change. I agree with Papa, that people will feel this election was tampered with if Obama loses.

You put 1 million emotionally charged people in a small geographical area and then get them upset the shit will hit the fan. Look at major sporting championship events when there are losses (and sometimes wins), there have been riots, and that was in no way racial or political.

I'll let y'all go play here, I'm off to see RockNRolla. ;)

12. Buster

Buster Well-Known Member

I never said that white people would riot but there is ALOT of anger out there towards Obama and what people think he represents.

13. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

Percentage of race or in total? I heard that 91% of all blacks are voting for Obama.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That doesn't change what he said.

Let's say 50% of the country supports Obama. Blacks are 12% of the population. Even if all of them support him, that still leaves a large majority of non-black supporters.

15. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Maybe in the weird world you live in......maybe it is time to put down the cheese.:eek:

16. Strick

Strick Good to be king

But that is as much relevant to the premise of this thread as Kent State.

17. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

Now that I have seen two polls that have Obama pulling close/dead even in Arizona, I don't think riots will be an issue.

18. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

what percentage of the time are polls even close to being accurate?:confused:

19. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Last poll I saw said around 50% +/- 4%.

20. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

Quick calculations...basing it on a notional population of 1,000,000 and the 2004 Census racial breakdown of the US as well as the most recent Gallup poll broken down by race 59% of Obama's supporters are white. I wouldn't exactly call that a VAST majority.