1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

97 RS125 Fluids??

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by 9mil, Sep 26, 2002.

1. 9mil

9mil Yea, that's right

Just aquired a 97 rs125 - need to know what oil for motor, crankcase. which fuel/ oil to mix with fuel - and sparkplug size-- I have NEVER messed with a 125 so any info would be REALLY appreciated- - from getting the fluids in to starting it - -any help is really needed!

2. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Plug is usually a 10.5

31901-NX4-701 SPARK PLUG, R6385-105P

As for oils I use Motul 800 2T pre mix oil and VP C12 fuel mixed at 32:1 ration. Sometimes I have also used VP MR8 but its much more expensive...Sunoco 110 is good to.

As for tranny oil I use Mobil sythetic oil $4/qt. or Valvoline 10w30.
    It only takes about .6 of the quart so its not that expensive.

Does your bike have ram air?

www.fatbaq.com has a good jetting calculator in the tech section too. I have used it all year and its super close for my bike.

3. 9mil

9mil Yea, that's right

Leaded or Unleaded fuel -- going to get it at the airport. and 30:1 or 32:1 ?? -

4. dave_432

dave_432 Well-Known Member

5. Mary#17

Mary#17 What member?

I think they switched to unleaded heads in 98 (maybe 99?) hence the addition of powerjet carbs, but most US bikes have been switched back to leaded heads anyway. So, leaded gas.

We use VP C12 as well and have been pretty satisfied with it. We also use Silkolene products for the most part. Silkolene pro for gas and Comp Gear for transmission. As mentioned before, check out www.fatbaq.com. It has some pretty useful info as well as links to other good 125 sites. Good luck and welcome to 125s. :D

Mary

BTW Did you get a manual with the bike? If not, you need to get one. They are really necessary for these bikes and will answer some of the questions that you asked.

6. JClay

JClay Gone Sailing...

OMG!! he actually did it!! 9mil has a 2-stroke!!

7. JClay

JClay Gone Sailing...

by the way, 9mil....I'll take your '97 125 and some $$$ for my '98 250.

8. 9mil

9mil Yea, that's right

how much $$$ is the question -- got a TZR too -- give me a call -- Dave too -- biatch - 770-923-9332

9mil

9. JClay

JClay Gone Sailing...

Dont listen to Dave. Sell your bike to me and I wont tell everyone about you and Lou.

:Puke:

i'll call you