1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

90 degree valve stem

Discussion in 'General' started by anupe, Nov 16, 2007.

1. anupe

anupe Searching for consistency

2. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Waste of $$

3. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Local Honda dealer has same-same. Just ask for valve stem for a `wing.

Doesn't have the kewl factor, butt no one else has to know where ya got `em...

4. kurveygirl

kurveygirl Well-Known Member

The Ariete Aluminum Valve Stems are very nice valve stems, but $30 is a bit much for a valve stem IMHO. :)

I like the bent valve stem and it's easy for me to check the air on my hubby's race bike. Much easier to get a gauge on a bent valve stem and I don't burn my hands on hot rotors up front. I have been selling 85deg valve stems to help out the air fence fun. At $10 for a pair with a $1 going to the airfence fund, it is a bit cheaper than the Ariete valve stems.

[​IMG][​IMG]

5. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Day-um, gal! If I'd known, I'd have cut out the Honda store. Thanks for what you're doin'.

6. anupe

How do I get em

Send your ordering info my way and I order a pair or two.

7. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

clink on the Kurveygirl.com link at the bottom of her post? :Poke:

8. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

had em on my 1000 the front worked fine but the hole was almost too big for it, the other problem it took entirely too much time if inflate or deflate i could never figure it out it took for ever to fill just the rear up.

9. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

The ZX12 and ducatis also come stock with them.

10. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

zx-12'sa have 45 degree:up:

11. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

Triumph 675's come stock with 90 deg. stems too, but they're too small to fit correctly in R1 / R6 wheels.(For example)

They might work in others, but keep in mind there's all different size stem holes out there.

12. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

ive got the Kurvey girls' 90 degrees on both of the bikes i have. They work GREAT! :up:

13. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

The Duck valves didnt fit either my SV650 or my FJR1300.

14. roadracer86

roadracer86 Always worth the pain.

I use those on 4 of my wheels for a GXR1000. I love'm, easy to get air to and pulling the valve is easy for tire changes. I would highly recommend those valves, just don't over tighten the nuts. Worth the money to me. I just never trusted the stock rubber stems on most bikes.

15. anupe

Thanks!

Thanks for all the intel. I picked up a pair from kurveygirl and will try them.:up:

16. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

+1.. got 2 sets on the way myself. with 16.5 rims and 320 oversized rotors it is a PITA to set pressures.

17. kurveygirl

kurveygirl Well-Known Member

I know the valves will work out great for everyone. BTW, the valves are Enkei metal metal valves, one piece design with a double seal and locking nut.

To everyone on WERA and everyone who have bought from me in the past year, I have been able to donate $1550 so far to the airfence fund http://actionfund.roadracingworld.com/contributors/road-race/ and you can find my name under www.kurveygirl.com. I hope to be able to donate $500 or more by the end of the year.

18. gix

gix jigga who?

Awesome improvement over stock. Makes life easier with checking pressure and filling. Plus the stocks with the plastic cap tend to let a bit of air out from what i have noticed on my last 2 bikes. With metal, with metal caps no problems what so ever. Just my .02

19. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Ordered from KurvyGirl! :up:

I've got one on a tough-clearance front wheel, but it is mounted parallel to the direction of wheel (opening toward the front/back). In the pictures on the site, they are mounted perpendicular (opening toward the side).

Either way is helpful in one way or another, depending on the clearance situation, but what is recommended? :confused:

20. f4idrew

f4idrew #800

Just ordered some valve stems... Thanks!