1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

9/21 VIR Middleweight Solo 20

Discussion in 'General' started by DB, Sep 23, 2002.

1. DB

DB Member

VIR Middleweight Solo 20 that was this past Saturday-

Can someone explain the scoring and early finish of that race?

2. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

Solo's are run with time constraints. I believe that each class has 45 (?) minutes to get their full race in. In the case of the MW Solo 16 on Sat. there were 2 1/2 red flags. The 1/2 being the botched first start. The subsequent restart yielded 5 or 6 laps before the next red flag. Everyone gridded back up in their original grid positions, and the race was restarted for the third time. This time it only took one lap before the red came out again. At that time the alotted time for the completion of the entire race was coming to a close (ie your 45 minutes were about up.) and the race was called complete. I think the reason for scoring on the 5 or 6 laps (and I am guessing here) that were completed before the 2nd red flag was that that period was more representative of a race than the one single lap that everyone got in before the last and final red flag. It seemed to be more fair to score on the results of those laps, than on the result of one single lap.

3. Shannon Huffman

Shannon Huffman Well-Known Member

Not fair if you're in my position :( I was running second in the novice class before the second red flag and I was leading when the race was red flagged and called complete. I thought I had won :confused: I didn't realize until the purse money was given out that I had somehow been scored in second place. I'm still trying to figure this one out. We completed more than a full lap under green ( about 5 of us completed 2 laps ! )...... I thought that they revert back to the positions at the last completed lap for finishing positions in this type of case ...... "fair" or not.

Any thought's Mongo ? Just wondering what happened.

4. Shannon Huffman

ttt ......

Mongo ?

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sheesh, gimme a sec to read everything! :)

Anyway, the deal is that the scorers didn't get a clean first lap of the restart so there was no way they could score from it and had to go back to the last lap they had a good result from - which was the last lap of start 2.

6. Shannon Huffman

Ok, I figured it was something like that. Just my tough luck I guess. I think you guys just like Conger more than me :D Looks like the scorers could've seen that the "bright blue w/ flourescent orange flames" #78 bike was in front of the "solid black" #261 bike :rolleyes: Actually, Bill was surprised to see that he had won too I think.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

After the whining he was doing Sunday I wish we had picked you :D (just kidding!!!)

This is one of those time transponders would have helped - we would have gotten everyone on the first lap of the restart and we could have also printed a new grid for the restart based on the results of the first 5 laps.

8. Shannon Huffman

Good point ....

9. DB

DB Member

You guys gotta do the best you can.

Shannon - I was at the other end of the "spectrum". I had just settled down and passed a couple of riders on that first lap of the 2nd restart and didn't want to be scored as finishing last. :D