1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

9/11 One Day in America

Discussion in 'General' started by CRA_Fizzer, Aug 30, 2021.

1. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

On Nat Geo.

So far really good and chilling.

I just can't imagine what goes through your mind to make the decision to burn to death or jump. The sound of the people hitting jolts you to the core. It had my wife balling her eyes out.

I still have my plane ticket as I was in the air when it happened.

Never forget!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

tl1098, j cal, BHP41 and 5 others like this.
  2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

It's really no compensation for that dastardly act of cowardice but the Navy Seals blew that motherfucker into oblivion.
    May he rot in hell with his 72 fucking virgins.

tl1098, Gixxerguy855 and CRA_Fizzer like this.
  3. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

72 virgins sounds like a horrible time anyway.

All I want in the afterlife is 4 single moms.....those things will out suck a Dyson.

4. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Cite! Pictures? Video?

5. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

We watched part one last night. The footage is incredible. Right before the first plane hit, the look on those firemen’s faces was chilling. They saw the low flying plane and were looking at it as if to say “WTF?” Then, bam! The guy who helped that poor woman who was badly burned is also a true hero.
    I hope and pray that 9/11 doesn’t get “watered down” as time goes by. Kids today weren’t even born when it happened, so it’s up to us as parents to make sure they know the impact that this cowardly attack had on the country as well as make sure they know about the heros on the Shanksville plane.

Gixxerguy855 and CRA_Fizzer like this.
  6. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

He is definitely a hero.

And the look on the firefighters eyes when the people jumping hit...

And his sister. Can you imagine.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

7. acorn27

acorn27 4 out of 3 people in the world struggle with math

Just finished this series last night. It's very well done. I've seen much of the footage in other documentaries, but there was lots of amazing first-hand stories and footage they tied together in a very coheisve way. Found myself getting choked up again, but I'm happy to be reminded of the events of that day. I also watched with my 14 y/o son, and we had some good chats about much of it.

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  8. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

It will, as Pearl Harbor did.

9. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

A visit to the memorial at Shanksville is sobering. The lady standing next to me at the audio display started to weep..I had to walk away. Didn't think I could tough it out. :(

sharkattack likes this.
  10. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

There's a 4 part series on Netflix that just came out, we've watched the first two. I'd say pretty good, have heard and seen a few things I hadn't before.

11. sharkattack

I'm afraid you're going to be right. In fact, it seems that it's taken less time for 9/11 to get "forgotten" than Pearl Harbor did.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The following war wasn't quite as hard on the public as a whole as WWII was. But I think saying it's forgotten is a bit much too.

sharkattack likes this.
  13. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

A lot of people don't remember the year.

And the rest of the world wonders what's the big deal about 9 November..... :D

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't always remember the year for Pearl Harbor or the date year of VE or VJ days or hell the year for much more than my birth, the wifes, and our anniversary - doesn't mean I don't remember the days or the sacrifices.

sharkattack likes this.
  15. sharkattack

You're right. I didn't mean to imply it will be literally forgotten. I suppose it will get less and less attention as time goes on. That's probably what I should've said.

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

That's the pre-veterans day sale.

dtalbott likes this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, I can see it being annoying to an extent for those who were really impacted by it but sadly that's how humans deal with things. It'll never be as important to future generations as it is/was to you.

sharkattack likes this.
  18. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

Excellent story. Still brings emotion to me. This happened while I was deployed so I didn’t get to see any of the footage until I returned in February. Glad I got to assist in the reckoning of those responsible on a small level.

Sabre699 likes this.