1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

89 FZR400 Tires

Discussion in 'General' started by AmerC, Mar 15, 2006.

1. AmerC

AmerC Active Member

Hello all,

Question :confused:

What tires are available for the stock rims for an fzr400. I'm looking for track tires and street. It has the front 17 and rear 18 wheels. Thanks.

2. TZRaceR6

TZRaceR6 Well-Known Member

Bridgestone is the only one I used while racing my FZR and keeping the stock 18in rear for Superstock racing. I wasn't able to find any other tire company that supplied anything close to a race tire for the 18in.
    Any modified production class you can use the 17in SV rear rim and run any type of tire.

Also, check out http://www.ducatitech.com/bbs/index.php We have quite a few guys/gals racing FZR400's (I think there are a totla of 10-13 on the grid every month.)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2006
  3. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Bridgestone is the only game in town for OEM FZR tires. The cool thing is that not only do they have tires, but they've got slicks and DOTs (good for street too). If you have specific questions about them, check out Stickboy's site for additional info. He's the SE 'Stone race tire guy.

4. Grey Ghost

Grey Ghost Guest

go to stickboy racing and get the bt 090 tires

5. Ryan Nelson

Ryan Nelson Well-Known Member

6. AmerC

AmerC Active Member

Cool! Thanks guys and gals (dont want to discriminate). Cant wait to take her out for a ride.

7. fatallightning

fatallightning ghost of the touge

i believe there is a variance for fzrs to run 17" rear in stock classes, in wera anyway.

8. Ryan Nelson

Ryan Nelson Well-Known Member

There is - you can run a 17" wheel in D Superstock. The 18" is more than suitable though and the Bridgestone slicks are great on these old bikes.