1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 transmission

Discussion in 'Tech' started by TRK, Jul 8, 2017.

1. TRK

TRK Well-Known Member

2013 Ducati 848 evo. The transmission will go from second gear into neutral when you get on the brakes or roll off the gas. Any input as to a cause would be much appreciated.

2. Theducatiman

Theducatiman Well-Known Member

I'm sure there is a thread all about Ducati transmissions but the first thing I would do is take it to someone who is familiar with Ducati's and have them check the gear selector and engagement under the alt cover (left side). Few things possibly wrong there... There are a few adjustments that can be made to make sure the bike is actually going all the way into gear. If that all checks out and the replacement/adjustment of the gear selector fork doesn't make an improvement then it would be time to tear down and inspect the transmission dogs and ears and the shift forks.
    Where do you live?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. TRK

TRK Well-Known Member

I am in Colorado. Thank you for the fast reply!

4. Theducatiman

Theducatiman Well-Known Member

Well if you're in Colorado I probably head down to Boulder motorsports let them take care of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

Most common degradation mechanism for this is shift prawl adjustment. Google it, there's plenty of DIY on how to adjust it using homemade tools.