1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8 years ago today

Discussion in 'General' started by 2Fer, Sep 11, 2009.

1. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Take some time out today, and pray for all of those who lost loved ones.

2. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Prayers for those lost in the tragedy and those left behind. And also for those protecting our freedoms today.

3. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

Ya... solemn day for sure. God Bless everyone out there fighting.

4. tamer

tamer Track Junkie

I can't believe it's already been 8 years.

5. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

It still seems like its yesterday and still remember where I was and every moment of that day. Definitely something that will be burned in my mind forever.

6. CycleWorx Inc.

CycleWorx Inc. Well-Known Member

I can still remember, I was a sophomore in high school and I got in trouble for making a comment to the teacher and he sent me to the hall. As I was sitting there all hell broke loose and they told everyone to remain in the class the were in until further notice. We watched it on television for hours. When the final bell of the day rang, not a single student left the room I was in. Prayers to everyone lost that day, everyday since, and any in the future fighting for our freedom.

7. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

Ya, thats the scary part. I cant remember 2 days ago but I can recall nearly every minute of that day. I cant even imagine living with being there.

8. Game

Game zip tie master

It's unbelievable what religious hate can create.

RIP to all of those that lost their life's, and for those that suffered due to 9/11.

9. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Hah. You and I are the same age. I heard about it as I was getting on the bus, then my class sat in silence and watched the news for the first couple hours of the day.

10. Game

Game zip tie master

I was in 6th grade, my teacher started crying, scared the living shit out of me, for the first time i felt fear..obviously not understanding what was happening.

11. AndyR1

AndyR1 Well-Known Member

I signed up for the Navy a week before 9-11 and was waiting to ship to boot camp.

Sad day for all Americans, and single worst day in history for firefighters in America.

12. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

I was in Tech School for the Air Force. I was in training to be a SP (Security Police) actually halfway through the training. Stuff was crazy around base after that.

13. caferace

caferace No.

Crossing the GG Bridge northbound with my race bike in tow to CW a Keith Code day at Sears, listening to Howard Stern...

no traffic, stopped paying attention on 101 and got a finger wag and "slow down" signal from a CHP guy who passed me when I inadvertently ended up doing 80+. That *never* happens on that part of 101....

definitely surreal....

-jim

14. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

A special remembrance for three good friends who perished that morning.

Lt. Michael T Russo, NYFD
    FF Edward Day, NYFD
    FF Arthur Barrie, NYFD

May you rest in peace and ride free whereve you are, brothers.

For those riders who live in the NYC area, there has been a very informal 9/11 gathering of motorcyclists each year at the lookout on Bear Mountain in Harriman State Park. Just ride up Perkins Drive to the parking area, walk (quietly) to the side overlooking the city. Sit down and reflect, or whatever. Do it quietly. There's no service or anything, just more of a "be there" thing. Please arrive BEFORE 8:30 AM, keep engines OFF until after 9:15. It's just a silent reflection. I won't be there this AM, it's raining sideays, the wind is howling, and I'm 100 mlles away.

15. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

God Bless America

16. 7-FITTY

7-FITTY Well-Known Member

I was at my job in disbelief, thinking how many people lost their lives in this one event. I had recently moved to FL from NY and these simple minded people here was acting like it wasn't a big deal?...go figure

Prayers for all involved and affected, lost but not forgotten :bow:

17. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

I remember getting to work and seeing it on tv thinking "WTF?". I got the flag blowing in the breeze today and got a t-shirt on with a flag.

Today should be a holiday for everyone to remember

18. metalkid88

metalkid88 Well-Known Member

remember it like it was yesterday. hard to think its already been 8 years. Everyone that perished that day may they RIP.

19. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Thinking of all the lost souls in the WTC, the Pentagon and on that farm in western Pa. God bless the Service men and women.

20. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

My base had just completed an airshow the weekend previous and I was off of work. My mother was in town and we were heading to Manhatten that morning. I park in Liberty Park in Jersey and take the water taxi to the World Trade Center Complex to get into Manhatten. We were taking kinda liesurely, drinking coffee and getting ready to go waiting for the morning rush to end. My wife called to tell me something was on the news and I should check it. When it became apparent that we were under attack with reports of the crashes to the east,south and west of us I was contaced by the Command Duty Officer to pack a bag and head into base. I was placed on the mission critical list to get aircraft off the deck as the base was in Condition Delta (lockdown, no one in or out whose not on that list). I was on base for the next 2 days waiting for orders to launch. A week later, I was sent out of the country for a few months. About a month later I found out that a former shipmate had been killed in the Pentagon attack.

Godspeed to all who perished then and since.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009