1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7x12 or 7x16

Discussion in 'General' started by tanks95, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

I would pull it with that, however I would also mount a nice wafer style (not just the tube type) trans cooler and I would get that trans fluid flushed every 30k miles. The truck isnt the issue, its that little ass 4L60 trans you'll have issues with if you dont treat it well.

2. tanks95

tanks95 Well-Known Member

Purchased a 7x12 Friday and have been making some improvements over the weekend. It was about 200 degrees Fahrenheit this weekend in NC, so that made it extra fun and added to the reason im insulating it. I removed all the paneling on the walls and installed 1” foam board. I completed all insulation and have most all panels back in, I just need to re install the trim pieces that cover the gaps. I may use 2x4’s along the long walls, so that I have some more bite for hooks and such. I wanted to do the checkerboard floor, but the budget is getting low. I may just buy some paint or something to seal the floor.

[​IMG]
    DSC_8207 by Wt_Wallace, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    DSC_8209 by Wt_Wallace, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    DSC_8216 by Wt_Wallace, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    DSC_8221 by Wt_Wallace, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    DSC_8238 by Wt_Wallace, on Flickr

3. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Looking good!:bow:

4. onepusher

onepusher Socially Inappropriate

Looking good so far Will. You're going to need an A/C unit for sure. You should also paint the roof with Kool Coat (http://www.koolcoat.com/) to help with the temp.

5. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Go big.

6. tanks95

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

looks nice..some Pitbull TRS FTW

8. ricracer16

ricracer16 Well-Known Member

DAMNNNNN that looks nice. Not to thread jack but whats the biggest enclosed trailer I can pull with a 02 Ford Ranger Pickup? It has a 4.0L V6 automatic. I have an open 5x12 but i've been looking for something to sleep in as well and haul at least 2-3 bikes with all needed gear of course.

9. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

I wouldn't go much bigger than a 6x12 with that truck in my opinion.

10. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

I had a 5x10 I pulled with a 1990 s10 with 4.3 v6 and it was a load.

11. tanks95

If you look REAL Close, you see 4 holes right in front of the ramp door.

basically, that's already been done, that was purchased the day of the trailer. i unloaded everything to paint.

Also, stand by for the "trailer park" addition of a 13" x 18" window unit AC mounted up in the V nose area.

Ive researched and came to the conclusion that would be the best for me. Its $85 brand new & 5,000 BTU. I have one in my bonus room right now that can give me goose bumps.

i have the frame already built, and ready. Just gotta find the time. maybe during the off season.

i cant justify triple the cost for a unit that just looks better. They both take up exactly the same amount of square footage inside. NONE.

Plus it will give people something to criticize at the track, you know we love that.

12. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Bump...Let's see this A/C unit.

I'm shopping for trailers and upgrades.

13. GA_SVS

GA_SVS Define "normal"

Could have saved you the trouble...

and sold you my fully set up 6x12 (in the classifieds now) :Poke: