1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

74 RD350 need to race

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by ric zoc, May 9, 2002.

1. ric zoc

ric zoc New Member

been riding bikes my whole life.i'm 40.want to prep this old bike.would like to know what parts to get and set up info.would also like clairification on what classes this bike can run in.bought this bike for75$ started on the second kick the motor is so quiet...not a rattle runs great.always wanted to road race,done mx,currently drag racing suzuki 1200.i have alot of expirience with kaw triples.only rode one RD always liked um....fun little bike...thanks rick:confused:

2. Chris Stevenson

Chris Stevenson Hell I like you!

Contact Lyn Garland at

(770) 775-3249 or
    [email protected]

He has my 74 RD 350 motor as type this. Does outstanding work.

3. evilhordewannabe

evilhordewannabe Well-Known Member

Welcome to the club!!!! I "raced" (rode around the track behind racers) a Suzuki GT550 last year. I am racing an RD350 this year. You can build your bike to race in Formula RD with the least amount of modification, but most of these bikes are MUCH faster than stock. You could also bump up to Formula 500 and race in 2 classes each race weekend. If you want to prep your bike yourself and you need parts, check out Pro Flo and Motto Carrera. They both have web sites, just search those names. I have gotten great service from Pro Flo anytime I have called them. Lynn Garland is an excellent souce of info, and alsways seems willing to help the new guys. Good luck with the RD.

4. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

prep

You'll be doing yourself a favor in the long run if you get the crankshaft checked out thoroughly and new seals fitted. Any of the RD tuning firms can help. I use new bearings and rods with oil-slotted big ends for all my racing engines. Truing and welding are advisable if you plan to make significantly more power than stock.