1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'74 CB360 - tell me about them

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Prof._HH, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Prof._HH

Prof._HH Well-Known Member

I have a chance to pick up a 74 CB360. From the pics, it's in pretty rough shape but the price reflects that. I have an SV650 that I race. I'm looking at the CB for a cafe project.

Assuming I'm correct about the shape it's in, how available are rebuild type parts (gaskets, rings, coils & other electric stuff, etc)?

As it is, there's no key so even if it had a battery, I can't test the starter or see if the engine turns. My guess is it needs lots of TLC. The story goes it was put in a barn years ago and now they just want it gone.

Finally, if I do pull the trigger on this thing, any knowledgeable folks around Indy willing to split a 6 pack of Upland with me while trying to get it fixed up?

2. KWComp

KWComp Well-Known Member

What do you want to know about them? I have had a few 350 / 360's. Currently working on a 73 CB350Four Cafe too.

3. joec

joec brace yourself

it has a kick starter. everything is still available for them. some have a 6speed. early ones a drum front. the make nice cafes and will cruise highway speeds all day, unlike the 350. they are pretty much completely different form the 350's though. almost no parts interchange. wiseco has pistons. megacycle has street cams. dont get me wrong though, this stuff can get expensive to get ready for the street. if shits rusted up, it get costly. but they great little street bikes.

you can get a switch and key assembly off ebay. the switch has a plug to it. i have a setup with a key for using on bikes i get with no key.

4. Prof._HH

Prof._HH Well-Known Member

I was wanting info like what joec provided. Where can I find parts, how hard are they to come by, what other bikes have the same parts etc...

Any special tools required? Any recommended vendors for cafe stuff (tanks, seat/cowl. . .)

I have an idea of what I want to do with it but beyond the cosmetic stuff, I don't have much experience to draw from.

5. joec

joec brace yourself

matt tanner, monkey here i believe makes tanks. get on the caferacer.net board. tons of good info there. pretty much all the questions you have, have been or will be answered. you know, clubmans vs clipons, tires, bodywork. quite a few cb360's over there too.